Where To Go For 10th Wedding Anniversary?

by sweet pea 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Hi all

Besty and I will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary in September of this year.

We would like to do a week or weekend somewhere special and as we currently reside in LA, we are considering Hawaii, Mexico or a city like San Francisco. We will probably be taking the podlets along with us so they are a consideration too.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Sam

• free2think
    free2think

London

• *summer*
    *summer*

I have never been there. But I still have to meet one person who went to Hawaii and did not describe it as "heaven on earth"~

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hawaii gets my vote. Would you like a nanny to take care of said podlets for the weekend? I've checked my diary. I'm available.

I can't believe its ten years - you both look way too young!

• free2think
    free2think

Well in that case i can keep an eye on the nanny.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh, Hawaii is OK, I suppose. I recommend Portland, Oregon. It is a beautiful city, lots of sophisticated things to do, but also lots of parks and outside things to do. Lots of good food. Good views. Fabulous river and waterfalls right out of town. There's a huge bookstore (Powell's) which is a block away from what I consider to be one of the best restaurants in the world, Jake's. There are lots of roses. Driving out of town along the river, there are more parks, waterfalls, fishing, boating types of things to do, and there's a really neat fish ladder where you can see huge fish going up the ladder.

by the way, Fort Clatsop is a really neat place to take kids. It's history - Lewis and Clark - but the day I was there they had kids making candles and doing all sorts of neat explorer things. It's a reproduction of the original fort where Lewis and Clark spent the winter. Loads of neat things there. I saw a dark orange and black spotted huge cat like a cougar cross the road near there - learned what it was at the Fort Clatsop museum - a rare (!) sighting of the local kind of cougar. I was thrilled.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My 10th wedding anniversary is tomorrow, July 14, 1998. We married in Jamaica - we're going to South Dakota at the end of the week for a week's stay 10 miles from Mount Rushmore - it's on my bucket list!

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Take her to the Canadian Rocky Mountains,very romantic in Banff,Alberta!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I love..love...love the Carribean. Try Cancun, It's awesome and lots of night life. You could also try a cruise and visit many different ports.

• PEC
    PEC

Hawaii, Barbie Doll and I have been there many times, very romantic.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit