Tony Snow died today...

by zeroday 62 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Wednesday, I understand why you feel I sound derranged.

Because you have revealed yourself to be a dingbat.

Think about it.

I am criticizing a Nazzi like regime in America.

And you are using the analogy that HItler would have felt the same way.

Did you just fall off a pumpking wagon?

Maybe you made a typo.

Hitler would have loved this Administration and its deceased Goebels.

Hitler would have mourned the death of Tony Snow.

Birds of a feather flock together.

In Fact W.'s Grandaddy was a great supporter of old Adolph. Google it Prescot Bush and his support of the Nazzis.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, I just kind of knew this ad-hominem trashing was going to happen around here. I have one simple question - did Russert get trashed on his memorial thread the way Jaguar, Six, and some others have just done?

If you leave the obvious political hatred out of it, what makes you want to trash this nice guy? All the news media universally stated that Snow proved to be an outstanding example of someone who faced a terrible disease and kept his good humor and unselfish service to others right up to the end.

Some of you - & you know who you are - should really be ashamed.

I think I will go look up the Russert thread and compare the responses.

• wednesday
    wednesday

sorry, I don''t agree with you. I don't see Bush as Hitler at all.

this thread is about Tony Snow. he was a very nice person and you sound like a deranged person to feel happiness in the death of a good person.

I see name calling is all you have.

• sf
    sf

did Russert get trashed on his memorial thread

Huge difference between Russert and Snow{job}. Not sure how one could even compare the two.

I didn't even Snow had passed. It was not a huge news story as Russerts untimely death was. WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT IS?

I've got my own theory on the untimely death of both of these men, at such a young age. And yes, Tony WAS getting better.

When I did watch the news, basically only on FOXNEWS was this a STORY, all I really said to myself was, "Dana, be very careful."

So, why wasn't Snows death a huge news story like Russerts?

sKally

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Tony Snow could never be Tim Russert...ever. A thousand nice people every minute of the day die and that death impacts the few around them. Russert was a man for all men but Snow was only a man for the man in charge. sammieswife.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, SF - I am still asking: Did Russert get trashed (I meant here on JWD) on his memorial thread? I don't think you directly answered it...but, on the Network Coverage thing -

I saw Snow mentioned on all the other networks Sunday, BTW. Of course, Fox did more air time , just as his own home network covered more on Russert.

My point was simply this - we have some pretty nasty haters here. They do not have enough class to respect the man himself in his time of death. A man widely respected in the media as a very decent guy to everyone he met. They used this memorial thread as a launch pad for their own political screeds, and I think that is reprehensible.

Again I ask - did this happen with Tim Russert? Did it possibly have something to do with the fact that Russert was a Democrat?

• beksbks
    beksbks

James, I believe the difference is that Tim Russert did not hold a position where he was payed to manipulate the American public and disseminate lies in order to advance a war.

• ninja
    ninja

tony snow will never die...he'll just melt away

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, since nobody wants to take on the original question directly - may I just assume that Tim Russert was revered by everyone here on JWD and no nasty comments were made about him when he died?

Did it have anything to do with his ideology - (you are aware that he also was in Government as well as being a commentator?)

I have a hate story about these memorial threads myself:

Remember Lucianno Pavarotti, the great Opera Star? It turns out that he was (not surprisingly) quite a Ferrari and Maserati enthusiast, even owning several. When he died, one of the guys put up a tribute on our Ferrari website.

Some anti-Pavarotti nut was so obsessed about the fact that he was fat, that he posted literally dozens of ad-hominem attacks on him, going so far as to say that it was a lesson from God not to overeat and overdrink, to excercise like a good Christian, and that he probably got cancer because he was a bad fat person.

He got banned for about 30 days. I think that regardless of the politics, this kind of thread is no place for the trash talk. You are not educating anybody with this kind of hate - except to show us in explicit detail what kind of narrow mind you really have.

• sf
    sf

If you don't know or understand the absolute difference between Snow{job} and Russert, I can't help you.

Anyone else is more than welcomed to try.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit