Tony Snow died today...

by zeroday 62 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

I don't think I was responding to "your post" BTS, but you're probably right.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I don't think I was responding to "your post" BTS, but you're probably right.

I saw it linked to mine. No harm no foul. Cheers, Burn

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow, that was a crappy thing to say. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt after looking at your response again.

Dorktacular,

We should have dropped a bomb on everything from the southern tip of Europe to the northern part of Africa and made the entire middle east the world's largest mall parking lot.

I find that so hideous a point of view, that I stopped posting on that thread.

Your next post

Amen Dorktacular.
  • beksbks
    beksbks

Goodnight Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here is the entirety of Dorkatcular's post, with context, of which you hace selectively quoted:

No war is pointless; whether or not you agree with the "point", there is a point to it. Just because one person doesn't share the same viewpoint of another, that doesn't negate the fact that both people have equally valid, yet opposing views. I do think that the war has a point, but the war has gone on too long and it is wasting our money. We should have dropped a bomb on everything from the southern tip of Europe to the northern part of Africa and made the entire middle east the world's largest mall parking lot. As Sheriff Buford T. Justice one said, "THAT'S an attention getter!" This could have been accomplished very quickly and at minimal cost. We already paid for the planes and the bombs. And, minimal amounts of American soldiers would have died. The only reason America has soldiers on the ground in the Middle East is for the benefit of its inhabitants. Translation: We're too damn nice to people who want to kill us.

As far as feeding and clothing the rich, I think they do a good job handling that all by themselves. What is is about personal acheivment that the left hates so much?? If being rich is so bad, and liberals hate rich people, why do they idolize the liberals that are rich?? Shouldn't Al Gore be hated? He's filthy rich! What about the Clintons? I don't see them giving all of their money to charity. The problem isn't that rich people are evil and greedy, the problem is that so many people are envious and jealous of the rich coupled with the fact that rich people keep doing the things that keep them rich and the poor people keep doing the things that keep them poor. The one smart thing that I heard President Bush say in his last state of the union address was when he said that all of the people who complain that taxes aren't high enough are welcome to send extra money into the IRS. They accept cash, checks and credit cards. I wish I could ask Nancy Pelosi or Ted Kennedy how much extra he sent in to the IRS to help out! The answer isn't to punish acheivement by taxing the hell out of the people who bust their ass to be productive citizens. The answer is to hold politicians accountable. When I don't have enough money to do the things I want to do at home, I can't force my employer to pay me more. The government, on the other hand, can take more and more money from us every time they break the piggy bank. At home I have to adjust my spending and make cutbacks in my budget to make ends meet. The governent should do the same. Sometimes cutbacks are hard, but they are necessary to survive.

So how did I end up on this little rant? Oh yeah, the rich. Everybody can say what they want to say about the "evil" rich. Virtually everyone wants to be rich! Does that make everyone evil? No. May all of us win a million dollars tomorrow and we'll all be just fine.

You have made a careless and ill thought categorization of my response. Your contextless excerpt of Dorktacular's comment is a bit of hyperbole in this comment. My agreement was a response to his frustration with the state of affairs regarding "class" envy, liberal hipocrisy (or shall we say, liberal hipocracy), and criticism of American military policy despite the fact that no power in history has taken so much pain to minimize civilian casualties during an engagement.

BTS

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Jaguarbass:

A liar lying for a liar. A small bit of justice in the universe, his early demise.

It would top it off if hes roasting somewhere with his fellow demons.

My, my, my, aren't you a sweet fellow? You are so much a better person than Tony Snow.

Hmmm, I wonder, if you die early will that be a small bit of justice in the universe too?

See you in hell.

Robyn

I personally dont believe in hell, heaven and hell are what we make of earth here and now.

Bad people not liking me doesn't botther me. I get that all of the time. Its the side of the street I walk on and the job I do.

Anybody who doesnt Like W. and his gang are much better people than they.

Because they can discern right from wrong. Good from bad.

You Robyn Rodadar are a lost soul wandering this earth.

I'll take that back the side your on doesnt have souls, Frauleine.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Burn,

I see why you accused me of knowingly posting a "BS" link. Because apparently you yourself are not above such tactics. I am. The hyperbole is all yours. How can you bluster on about my selective quoting, when you were unable to find (so you say) the information asked for in the correct link that I clearly posted?

I did not respond to Dorks post on that thread for two reasons. One, I figured there was enough hijacking going on at that point. Two, I was so disheartened by the comment made (as I quoted in my above post) I could see no point in a discussion with someone who could utter such a thought. Since you have reposted it in it's entirety, I will address one point now. It was a response to me, and it is, as usual for the right, pure nonsense for the most part. Making an assumption of my meaning, and running with it. Making false statements about what I believe, and then spending three paragraphs ranting about those beliefs. It's nothing, air.

If some great liberal that I have much respect and admiration for were to post a whole book of sentiments that I agree with, and added this sentence "We should have dropped a bomb on everything from the southern tip of Europe to the northern part of Africa and made the entire middle east the world's largest mall parking lot." There is no way in hell I would be able to agree with them, without at the very least pointing out my hearty disagreement with that statement. You say it's frustration on Dorks part, and give him the benefit of the doubt for that. What about the frustration of the people on this thread who expressed unkind thoughts about TSnow? The frustration of most Americans today for the situation that man and his bosses underhandedly put us in? This man was part of the most corrupt administration this country has ever known. Over half a million people are DEAD. That doesn't warrant a little frustration???

• dawg
    dawg

I know this is off the point, but here it goes anyway.

I think Burns says things he don't really mean sometimes... maybe if we were in the same room we'd probably get the joke... but Burns, I hope you understand that we aren't in the same room, when we read your posts... we can't tell that you may be joking.

I don't thinks Burns thinks the way the post comes off. He's a pretty good man, I give him the most hell, but I think he's cool overall. I think Burns is well read and mostly thoughtful, but he does come with some off the wall comments sometimes, I don't think he really means it mostly. I hope, and feel that he didn't mean exactly what he wrote, he was just fuming.

This occasion seems to be one of those instances... Take care both of you...

• wednesday
    wednesday

Jaguarbass: I'm sure Hitler felt the same way .

and yes i know, i have evoked the name of Hitler.

seriously, you sound deranged.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I am sure people felt the same way ABOUT Hitler.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit