New Aussie craze KRISPY KREME doughnuts --What is in them? WHY?

by Witness 007 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Melbourne is all about food so they are doing well, however, they have not opened a huge chain....they seem very careful now ...they don't want to go bust like in Canada.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You can still buy them at Wal-Mart though.

eeeeewwwwww!!!!

KK at Wal-mart? Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. They deserve each other.

W

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I remember when KK came to Denver for the first time. There were people who lined up for hours to get at them. This particular franchise had a drive-thru and the police had to be brought in for traffic control. It was nuts!

We had the same situation where I lived in California central valley. I'm here to tell you, that there are a few foods that I just love for some unholy reason. Doughnuts are one of them. The Vietnamese family down the street makes heavenly little rings, with just the right airiness and a light glaze. I tried a KK, and thought they were absolutely disgusting! Your sugar frosted lard description just about some it up. Maybe sugar frosted lard dipped in sugar with a corn syrup chaser! Yuck!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

At best, there's nothing in them but bleached flour, white sugar and vegetable oil. In reality, you'll probably find all sorts of additives that don't belong in the human diet at all. Their website is a little coy about exactly what they contain but they do mention "monoglycerides, diglycerides and enzymes" Yum! It also mentions "partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil" (i.e. trans fats) although it seems that this information is out of date and they now use the less heart-attack inducing palm oil (screw the orang-utans!).

AskMen.com gives the nutritional value for one "original glazed doughnut" as follows:

• 200 calories
  • 12 g fat
  • 22 g carbs
  • 2 g protein
  • In short, empty calories for the unsophisticated palate.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

LockedChaos:

Better yet

Sugar Frosted Lard

DURING sex

Stirs the imagination, No

Perhaps that's what the hole in the doughnut is for!

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

The thing about the Krispy kreme is only the plain ones are made fresh at the store. They are quite yummy when you get a hot, fresh one. The rest of them are gross because they are cold and too sugary and made in a factory far, far away. As someone already mentioned the reason they didn't last long is because they tried to grow too fast. They started selling their product every where, grocerie stores, gas stations - everywhere! Too many people got their first experience with a KK donught from Sheetz, which is not the same as getting a hot fresh one from a KK store, and were unimpressed and never bothered to go to a KK store or buy another one from Sheetz

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Correction to my above post:

It also mentions "partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil" (i.e. trans fats) although it seems that this information is out of date and they now use the less heart-attack inducing palm oil (screw the orang-utans!).

It seems that in the US, they no longer use hydrogenated fats, but use palm oil instead. In the UK and Canada where hydrogenated fats are still completely legal, they're still used.

See http://www.krispykreme.com/nutri.html, http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/Nutritional-info and the associated PDF files (the one on the UK site didn't work for me, but I imagine it's similar to the Canadian one).

• snowbird
    snowbird

They're still going strong in the South.

You got that right!

Law enforcement personnel get them for free.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I always found doughnuts sexy for some wierd reason!!!!???

I ate my first glazed doughnut on my honeymoon.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Law enforcement personnel get them for free.

Around here we say "More cops than at a Dunkin' Doughnuts".

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit