A witness dinner- Puts on Samuel Herds {Gov.body} talk I nearly choked!

by Witness 007 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Visiting my mum she made me go to my first meeting in years. A brother I studied with invites me to dinner....nice change I thought! Rumor has it that I have become in-active....true! So he tells me he'll fly down and visit me....so we can go Witnessing! I said:"Yeah, you can visit me anytime..." If he came down I would recieve him as a friend, but if he asked to take me Witnessing I would show him the door. Then after dinner he puts on Samuel Herds Gov. body talk, instead of talking with me who he hasn't seen in years??!!!! Sam's talk was a friggin riot! "He explains how Armagedon is almost here...Babylon will soon fall...clergy in brokylin are being put in jail now...some have had there faces slashed...people breaking into convents and "robbing Nuns...RAPING NUNS" He used extra emphasis!???? He says imagine the great tribulation people will be "clubbing to death clergy and College Professors".....for not encouraging them to study with Witnesses...{Is this Brother on drugs!} Then out of no-where he slams the "new anionted" brothers who are the "biggest trouble makers in the congregations" Some are just newly baptized! He then goes on to say how happy brothers will be who "gave all their money to the Kingdom Hall instead of loosing it at Armagedon." My blood boiled...and I said "did I hear that correctly!" My Witness family were looking at my every reaction so it was very un-comfortable for me.....when they visit I will put on the Noahs ark cartoon, and force them to watch without talking!

P.S I got 2 copies off him but this talk may already be up on here...does anyone have it? It's a riot! Sam Herd- Are you ready for the finishing line?

• asilentone
  • nameless_one
    nameless_one
    "He explains how Armagedon is almost here...Babylon will soon fall...clergy in brokylin are being put in jail now...some have had there faces slashed...people breaking into convents and "robbing Nuns...RAPING NUNS" He used extra emphasis!???? He says imagine the great tribulation people will be "clubbing to death clergy and College Professors".....for not encouraging them to study with Witnesses...{Is this Brother on drugs!} Then out of no-where he slams the "new anionted" brothers who are the "biggest trouble makers in the congregations" Some are just newly baptized! He then goes on to say how happy brothers will be who "gave all their money to the Kingdom Hall instead of loosing it at Armagedon."

My God! This sounds crazy and surreal. I am not familiar with this talk. How did you keep your composure listening to this??

I'm sorry you had to waste an evening of your life in this way, UGH.

P.S. If this talk is here somewhere, can someone provide a link? I would be interested to hear/read it.

• worf
    worf

Witness 007,

WOW!

That talk by Samuel Herd shows that he is more of a knucklehead than when my brother and I dealt with him at Brooklyn HQ back in 2000.

Thanks for the info.

Worf

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would love to hear this talk. Sounds like a real hoot.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

UGH and people believe this stuff!!! Dang!!!! It's amazing how how stuff that "made sense" in the past sounds so foolish now.

• VM44
    VM44

ALl of the GB members live in a fantasy world of their own making.

I think the whole purpose of all the Watchtower corporations is to provide a means for a large number of people to continue to live a common fantasy!

• VM44
    VM44

Transcript of the talk is here:

Are you ready for the finish line?
    Brother Herd, 2005

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/127896/1.ashx

From the talk:

And they’re going to find the college professors. “You told us that if we listened to you, we will have earth’s good things. And now the stock market has crashed, money is of no value. You told us that if we just get this education we’ll have good in life. And now we have no treasures stored up with God and we’re facing this great thing called Armageddon that Jehovah’s witnesses talked about all along.” And they’re going to finish them off.

I know of no college professors who said any of these things.

"Brother" Herd....you're CRAZY! Go Away!

• shamus100
    shamus100

You know the end is near when the nuns start getting raped.

Psychosis is the word of the day, friends.

• VM44
    VM44

alt

Samuel "Crazy" Herd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit