What is your strangest "supernatural" JW story?

by donny 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• justhuman
    justhuman

Great staff, I enjoyed reading them. Here is another one. A young sister that her dad was dealing withn yoga and eastern reliogions, gave a present to her daughter a pair of boots. She went back home with her jw mother. At night she had friends(jw's)at home to stay over night.

Well after midnight, they were hearing someone walking on the roof of the house!!! They were scared and in the morning they came out to see what was that strange noice....well you guess correct...THEY FOUND THE PAIR OF BOOTS ON THE ROOF.....

In the WT world they have an obsession with demons hunting them because they are the only true Christians on earth. I should deffenetely write a book about the JW's fantasies

• dinah
    dinah

Hey Wolfboy,

Resident Evil is from the deebil! It will make you waste hours and hours and cuss and stuff. I'm still waiting for RE5. They've teased us with it for 3 years now. I think I've beaten RE4 about 20 times.

I remember once when we were out in field circus when I was young we called on these two ladies who were psychic. Freaked me out the way they kept looking at me. She was talking about a dream she had about pigs jumping through a window. I wonder if she was for real or was just f'ing with us.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Supernatural??

I thought they made bras for Wonder Woman.

• donny
    donny

Strange, I just recently spoke to one who still attends meetings and they still talks about damn Smurfs. He stated that "Sparlock" is the JW endorsed version of a Smurf.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It saddens me to read these stories and think that to one degree or another these were the kind of superstitious people that I associated with, and I had some superstitions of my own! How was I ever not skeptical about all this?

On another note, someone really needs to obtain a copy of that old outline that talked about ectoplasm. I'm serious.

• Terry
    Terry

When I was about 15 and was attending the Kingdom Hall my uncle Jack got married and moved out of the tiny little one room bedroom that was outside in our backyard. It had been converted from a chicken coop!

It was just a four square rectangle with a roof and a bed.

I was very tall and could not stand up straight inside of it.

At night I'd reach inside the door and flick on the lamp and stoop over and sit on the edge of the bed. Then, when I was ready to go to sleep

I'd click off the light and pull up the covers and snooze.

I was all by myself. This mini-me house sat isolated away from the real house about 10 yards away. Private. Solitary.

Then, half-asleep and half-awake one night I became aware of something....something....very peculiar!

You know how it is when you've been sleeping and you are partially alerted to an outside-of-sleep event that awakens you and flips the "on" switch in your brain: you crawl back out of slumber and start calculating this and that.

It was pitch black dark. The sound of the distant freeway was always there. You got use to traffic, trucks, motorcycles as a pattern. It didn't bother you at all. Our property was surrounded by all sorts of sheltering trees that would move when there was a wind. Those creaky sounds and leafy rustling were also a commonplace background. Just white noise.

No, it wasn't a sound. It was....something...else...but, what?

Some part of my brain was on high alert! Like a watchdog. Ears perked, low growl....that's what my brain was doing.

Okay. You've got my attention. Now, out with it--what's bother you?

Slow dawning of information.......until--YES! I KNEW what woke me up.

My....sheet...and covers...were....crawling off of me!

MY SHEET AND COVERS WERE SLOWLY.....almost imperceptibly....CRAWLING OFF OF ME..........

as though something..................or someone............were crouching at the foot of my bed pulling..tugging..hauling them down an inch or so at a time.

I'd feel the bed shaking...Exorcist style...and this was before the movie was made.

No, there was NObody there. No room for anybody--for one thing.

I was scared and then I was more scared and then I was very scared and then I was absolutely shivering witless, shitless and terrified!

Naturally. You would be too.

There was nothing funny about it. But, the funny thing was....as I placed more attention on it...it would stop. But--if I started relaxing and drifting

back to sleep it would start again..like it was just waiting......to catch me asleep.

This would happen now and again. Sporadically.

It got to where I really had a loathing forboding about going out to that little room!

I told my story at the Kingdom Hall and you better believe I got all kinds of suggestions!

It was a DEMON ATTACK I was assured!

Scream the name of JEHOVAH out loud and the demons will go away!

Oh boy. You know the drill.

Okay, let's fast forward many years down the road. We'll say a decade later. I'm no longer a boy--I'm now 23 and married.

One evening we had some friends over to our house and the wives were discussing their husbands and we husbands were talking about

our wives. We all do this--right?

Mild digs. Sort of joking complaints. That sort of thing. Nothing hostile.

So, anyway...my wife tells one on me and my attention went on FULL ALERT! I suddenly had a major epiphany!

Oh my GAWD!

Here is what she said to the other sisters about me:

"Yeah Terry drives me crazy. He has restless limb syndrome or something. At night he shakes his foot in bed and it slowly pulls the sheet down and in the

winter I get cold and have to keep pulling it back up again."

WOW!

No kidding?

I suddenly felt like a gigantic idiot. I laughed and laughed and laughed at the relief and sudden insight.

Because I had believed in demons I attached that fear as the CAUSE.

All those years of sweating bullets I was just unconciously shaking my own foot!!!

Lesson learned!

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Okay so all of the stories I have thought of that I have heard over the years are already taken....but I have some that are specific to my family!

1. Back in Maine, New Hampshire region where my father is from (I'll see if I can get him to post on here and tell some of the stories) there was this person who was suddenly hit with illness, so reason, doctors couldn't find anything wrong with them...so what's the next best thing? I'm calling the elders and have them do an exorsim..JW style exorcism. The elder go to this person's house and talk with them and just before this person was hit with the illness they had gone to Hawaii and bought a little wooden souvenir. The elders not really knowing for sure, said they will take this little wooden statue and see if the person's health would improve. The one elder takes the statue and puts it in this jacket pocket.

Some times goes by and the person's health has improve...."Oh thank you elders, you are so wonderful and protect us..." Well suddenly the elder is having some illness and can't sleep at night, so one night he is laying in bed and realizes that the little wooden statue is still in his jacket pocket. He jumps out of bed......runs to the closet.....opens the door...........OH MY GOD!!!!!! the statue is 9 feet tall!!!!! This is a story my family have been telling for years!

2. Back east region again. My father's aunt was studying with a woman who just had a baby. They got to the part in the book (Truth book) where it talked about demons and the study goes "Oh well my dead father is always watching over my baby." My aunt jumped up and ran into the baby's room and saw a cross hanging above the baby's crib, and my aunt tells the study that a demon is attached to the cross and that the ghost isn't her father...oh it has to be the cross because there is nothing else it could be....so the woman grabs the cross to pull it down and it starts to burn her hand....and of course she couldn't let go. So my aunt saves the day by saying the name Jehovah and ....oh it's a miricle.....the woman could let go of the cross, but her hand was badly burned.

• donny
    donny

Terry and Gojira,

Thanks for the updates. I am still amazed at what some of us believed and endured while still a member.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

What really amazes me is almost all of these stories are ones I have heard my whole life. And they would always start with "I knew someone one time that...." It's amazing! All of these things must happen all the time to everyone.

Now that I'm out, I realize all this is a load of crap the JW spew to keep people scared and in the cult. Don't ever leave or the demons will get you.

• Skbj
    Skbj

My mother whom I call jokingly the Exorcist seemed to be specialized in finding all the possessed people when door-to-door in the 80s at one point I think she had 3-4 people studying with her who claim they were having all sort of experiences. One of them who then became a JW said she was getting suffocated with a pillow by a demon.

Hmm I never experienced anything negative even if one of my best friend is a born medium. When my parents came to visit me I introduced this lady to them at a dinner party I hosted. My mother and her got along really well. The year later when I went home I took her with me and she stayed at my parent's house...they had a great time simply because they didn't know she "could see dead people"

LOL Amazing what lack of prejudice can achieve :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit