What is your strangest "supernatural" JW story?

by donny 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

back in the late 1970's a group of JW's went to a Kenny Rogers concert one night, and during the show he
    would flip glow in the dark frisbee's into the crowd that had his name/logo imprinted on it. One of the brothers
    ended up catching one.

This brother went on a camping trip several weeks later, and the Frisbee that he caught during the show
    landed in the campfire by accident.

Well the darn thing would not burn, so the rest of the evening the group focused on tried to destroy it by fire but it
    wouldn't melt. Some people from the group honestly claimed with a straight face that it made screaming sounds when it was in the fire

They came back convinced that the Frisbee was demonized and could not be destroyed.
    I heard that it was thrown in the garbage, and that was the end of the "demonized" Frisbee.

Honest story, and for years afterward anything pertaining to Kenny Rogers was looked at as a "bad" thing in our hall.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

The Smurf walking out of the hall is a true story. I was there!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Years back we had a JW couple stay over..I watched a martial arts movie that night.....They went to the elders told them I had watched a martial arts movie..And..They heard the sounds of demons coming up from my basement,all night after that..........I had to explain to the Morons,that I had a very old furnace in the basement..They were welcome to come over and listen to my old furnace for as long as they wanted.....No ever came over to listen to my old furnace..LOL!!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• The Mulberry Man
    The Mulberry Man

Donny

That smurf story gave me a good laugh - thanks

In Australia we had a story very simular to the smurfs but involved cabbage patch dolls - and as kids we sucked it all up - what fools we were !!!!!!!!

Now the smurfs are making a come back - The elders will probably claim that Papa Smurf is a pedophile

• johnny1980
    johnny1980

Oh but he is a pedofile, just look at this video!!!! LOL

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/strife.html

• wednesday
    wednesday

once while in FS, I ( and others ) noted that the wind kept picking up a lot when I'd get to a door. It would blow the pamphlets etc off the doors. I noticed it but it seemed to scare the h*ll out of the car group. People were afraid to sit by me.

so i guess my demon was the wind, and the wind was with me that day. lol

bet someone is telling that story even now. lol

• Sway
    Sway

I used to live in a house where if you didn't shut the front door completely, the wind would blow it open. It would look like the door opened by itself, but it was just air pressure. Anyway, when I first started studying with the JWs, this brother (who was deathly afraid of demons), was studying one one of the books with me in the living room. The front door opened with no one near it. I didn't pay it any attention because it happened so often but he turned white as a ghost and thought a demon had just come in the door. I tried to explain to him that the door just does that sometimes, but he was really freaked out and didn't believe me. That same brother told me he knew of a witness who decided to play around with a Oujia board--when they found him in the morning, every bone in his body was broken. I knew one brother who bought the Alice Cooper album "Billion Dollar Babies" (yes, a vinyl record, long time ago). He claimed he heard babies crying every night until he threw away the record. But the guy smoked a lot of pot so who knows what he was hearing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I heard of the pit bull that the householder tried to sic on the witlesses. The dog was named Jehovah. Instead of attacking the witlesses, the dog attacked the owners. This is very unlikely that it actually happened.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I remember a sister going on about how a car her husband owned was daemonized . It had apparently tried to kill them. She implied that there was more to the story that she couldn't divulge (me thinking, yea like bad driving) and the elders had dealt with it. The car was a Alpha Romeo and she put the problems down to its demonic badge.

Demonic badge

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

It wasn't just Smurfs who were demonized. Supposedly a Cabbage Patch Doll came to life, ripped off a little girl's head and threw it out the window. I was scared of my CPD for quite awhile after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit