What is your strangest "supernatural" JW story?

by donny 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• freeme
    freeme

ive heard so many demon stories in my jw life. its enough for two lifes.

im from europe and the smurf stories were not as big as in america here. a lot of jw parents wont allow their kids to watch the smurfs though. i was one of the lucky kids who were allowed to watch the smurfs! i also had some smurftoys :-) since we didnt know that smurfs are demonic possessed entities we never saw anything supernatural, let alone a smurf getting alive.

i remember my mum telling me with big eyes the story of a sister in a neighbour congregation who has some demon possessed stuff which resulted in *all* doors being open (cupboard doors as well as room doors) in her flat whenever everyone left. even when the elders visited her. as soon she trew away the possessed stuff (i dont remember what it was, a book or something) it all ceased to happen.

one sister had serious doubts that satan exists and prayed to god that he may help her to believe. as soon as the prayer ended the door rang, she opened the door and satan himself stood in front of it. the story missed the detail how she knew it was satan and what happened next (whether he talked or just disappeared).

an jw friend of mine knew another jw friend who was working in a madhouse (in exchange for not going to the army). one day a patient walked next to him while he was cleaning the floor and told him: "youre one of gods true servants!"

i feared demons a lot. threw away expensive video games and music. someday i stopped being superstitious and i never had any demon encounter.
    i often believed demons wouldnt show to me because it would strengthen my faith.

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

My favorite smurf story is the one where the smurf jumped off of the smurf print wallpaper and ran down the hallway or something.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this story was actually told at an assembly, where the pioneer lady called on the serial killer and he didn't mess with her because of the two big guys dressed in white who were with her, even though she was alone. I think it made it into one of the yearbooks back in the day as well.

Growing up going to the circuit assemblies, every year in the back there were these two old ladies sitting with a man on a hospital type cot, They were always there without fail, every time. The man was always asleep. I just assumed that he had some kind of illness and they had no one to take care of him while they were away at the assembly so they took him with them. I found out later that the guy had actually been brain dead for years, but they kept dragging his body to the assemblies because they thought he would be miraculously healed at one of them. This was at the London, Ohio assembly hall, BTW.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

In the following account, I'm using two fictitious names, but the story is real.

Our congregation in New York City wasn't growing, and the elders chose me to give a service meeting talk about "hindering the spirit." I urged anyone who is committing a secret sin to humbly confess to one of the elders. On the weekend a sister approached me and said "Erin" is the one I was talking about and that "Erin" wants me to visit and she will confess. "Erin" was one of the most zealous publishers we had, and she "auxiliary pioneered" nearly every month of every year. Everybody enjoyed her enthusiasm and positive attitude.

I went to see "Erin" and she had a most difficult time trying to confess, and she asked me to come by again when she felt stronger and more able to explain. I said, "Erin, you didn't murder anyone, did you? If you did, even that can be forgiven if you confess." She said it was worse than murder. I told her I didn't think that's possible but that I would call again in a few days when she might feel stronger. She said it was worse because of what it's done to "Jehovah's name." As I started to walk away, she told me to wait and to step inside and have a chair. She tried for about 15 minutes to get out the confession, and she was trembling all the while. Eventually she said, "Brother Toth, I'm not a woman. Before I got baptized, I had a million dollar sex-change operation in South Africa." Erin said his/her original name was Aaron. Aaron said I probably hate him now and want nothing to do with him. He said he would probably be disfellowshiped. I said I didn't know but that I would check with Bethel as to what our next steps should be.

Well, men in the Service and Writing Departments told me "Erin" had to go back to being Aaron. No reverse sex operation was necessary, but Aaron must no longer continue living as a woman. He would also have to be re-baptized since his original baptism was under false pretenses. Aaron resumed living as a man and continued coming to meetings for about a year. Of course, the whole congregation was astir, but eventually things settled down. However, Aaron never got re-baptized. As time went on, he further confessed that as a JW woman he had been shacking up with various men, and now as a man he was having sex with both men and women. He said he was addicted to sex and just couldn't help himself. Eventually he stopped coming to meetings and moved away. We never heard from him again.

I've placed this account in the "supernatural" category since at the time we all believed to the point of being superstitious that the congregation wasn't growing due to "the spirit being hindered," that the spirit moved the elders to lay the matter before the congregation, and that the spirit moved Aaron to confess. It's of interest to note that the congregation did NOT start to grow again immediately after this "hindrance to the spirit" was removed.

Frank

PS: I have to correct the story on one point. I just now remembered that I did see Aaron again about 3 years later. He and I were exactly the same age, but I was shocked when I saw him. His face and neck and especially his hands were etched like those of a very old man. He had aged, it seemed, by at least 20 years.

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

I was never a JW, but while I was studying with them, I noticed right off the bat how superstitious they were. The most common stories I heard were of objects that wouldn't burn or if they did burn, the flames were strange colors. And don't let it be a religious object!! Oh noooooooo!!!!! One story I heard from the lady I studied with dealt with a home she visited. According to her, the occupants all had matted hair, rotten teeth and seemed a little mental. The house was in horrible disarray with a bad odor. She didn't go inside, but told me at our study that should she go back, she would insist that they come outside and that she would bring her own chair to sit in. Now, on the surface and to someone else, one would think this is because the house and their furniture is not clean. I can go along with that as I've been to people's homes that would make the Board of Health breakdown and cry. BUT, after noticing how superstitious many JWs are, I knew the real deal. She wanted to be outdoors because she believed them to be possessed by demons and that sitting on any of their furniture, demons would be passed on to her. I once told her that I found an old piece of lingerie that I was ashamed of having owned, so I burned it. Intrigued, she wanted to know if it was difficult to burn. To her surprise, I told her no, that it burned without problems. She chalked it off to my being dedicated to eradicating sin from my life, whereas others had difficulty burning things because they clung to them. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the reason the lingerie burned so easily was because it was 100% polyester.

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

This one guy in my hall (biggest douchebag of all) had a good one. When he was 18 or 19, he was convinced that playing demonic video games like resident evil was bad, beacause he went into the bathroom that night after having played it for an hour, and couldn't see his own reflection, so he then immediately took the game back to the store.

Freakin douche!

• razorMind
    razorMind

Another one:

A teenaged JW boy was ordered to burn his KISS albums in the back yard. While they were being consumed in the fire, two human eyes rose up from the smoke looking at him and blinking until they disappeared.

Heard the Smurf one---all these stories were related to me in the third person as well

• wednesday
    wednesday

Frank that was a truly sad story. poor man, tortured already and now jws decide to play God. It would seem to me that if a person already had a sex change operation, then they are legally the sex they changed to. if the law is OK with this, then jws should leave them alone. this was done prior to them becoming a jws so for goddess sake. I do know what you are talking about- Jehovah's spirit is being hindered. Bologna.

• lancelink
    lancelink

First I knew so many sisters who honestly believed that they could not run out of gas if they were in Field Service! lol

remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer keeps on driving even tho the tank in on empty?

Maybe the sisters were influenced by this example !

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I heard that same story with the book being thrown off the train and hitting someone. It was back in 1977 in New Jersey. Jesus, that one must get around.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I heard one where a young couple just had a baby, they were perfect dubs, and either his mom or her mom came to live with them, she wasn't a JW, and turned out she was in to the occult and the family were very disturbed by this, they kept their bible open in the bedroom, but they couldn't kick out poor old mom. One night little JW wife gets up because she hears the baby crying, she looks around the room but doesn't see the baby, she walks out in to the livingroom and sees the baby floating in the fish tank and the water is suspended above the baby, she runs to rescue the baby and calls out Jemima's name and as soon as she pulls the baby out the water comes crashing down inside the tank. The next day arrangement are made for Worldly Deomonic Mother in Law to live elsewhere. Seems like a great way to get rid of your mother in law, SHE IS BRINGING DEMONS IN TO OUR HOUSE!! ha ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit