What is your strangest "supernatural" JW story?

by donny 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• donny
    donny

I had just became a Witness and a guy I worked with, who was also a JW, told me a story that actually made me laugh and I think it upset him a bit. The storys were almost always in the third person. It went as follows.

This brothers wife and him were sitting at the Kingdom Hall on the end seats of the row next to the back of the room. They were waiting for it to start and were watching the sisters and brothers come in and find their seats. Several minutes had passed when they noticed that a ten year old girl came in clutching a "Smurfs" doll in her arms and proceeded to sit with her family on the front row.

The brother conducting the meeting went up to the platform and welcomed everyone and then began praying. As he mentioned the name "Jehovah", the smurf doll jumped out of the girls arms and WALKED OUT!!!

When he emphasized the "walked out" and his eyes bugged out like a volkswagen, I could not help but lose it. In fact, I am laughing now as I write this.

What are your "supernatural" JW stories or experiences?

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

My mother got creepy feelings when she was out in service. She attributted the feeling to demons.

If she got gooseflesh when she approached a house, she wouldn't knock on the door because she said the householder or someone in the house was demon possessed.

She was very serious.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

An elder in my old cong used to be a missionary in Laos in the 60's. He claims a man walked in the hall, or shack, and brought in with him a stone carving of an animal. This animal proceeded to walk up and down his arm, then became stone again.

I was only 14 when he told me this and i believed it.

Paul

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I knew a brother that always reported 10 hours a month and never called on any doors! Amazing!

Outaservice

• Layla33
    Layla33

The Smurf stories have more legs than a centipede.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Elder goes to the barber shop. He's waiting with a man for his barber to get done, and strikes up a conversation. It's pleasant enough, until the elder mentions he's a JW, then the man gets really hostile, and says "your God killed our children in the flood, so we're going to get YOUR children!" The elder, realizing this man was channeling a demon, ran out of the shop.

• donny
    donny

Anothe rone I found funny was a circuit assembly and the District overseer spoke about an incident where a passneger train was going over a bridge and someone of board threw a truth book out the window and it whacked a man on the head who was walking below. This man was formerly an opposer, but apparently an angel was hanging around and guided the book thrown out of the train to whack the man on the head, and so he became a believer!!

The question I have, is why is an angel directing a book, that even the Society does not hold as truth any more, to whack someone on the head.

• loosie
    loosie

My mother worked as a house cleaner. part of her job was to make the beds. Well if she was in a single persons house and could tell that two people slept in the bed the night before, she would get a feeling. When she would get this feeling she would pray to jehovah out loud. And then proceed to change the sheets.

I guess she didn't want to get any naughty sex demons on her.

This coming from a woamn who has been a jw all her life but still lived with both of her husbands before she married them.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

A pioneer sister told a group of us girls who were having a sleepover this story: She had been studying with this woman who one night decided to play with a Ouija board. What happened? That night she was raped by a demon. Although I had never played with one.. I couldn't sleep that night. I kept thinking that just because she mentioned the incident that maybe she opened up her home to demons and one might rape me that night.

Then there's the story of the Smurf blanket who attacked a small child and after the mother was able to get the child away, she stabbed it and blood came out.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I heard the walking smurf story in my congregation too, it seems to be a popular "urban legend". One pioneer in my hall swears her old boyfriend was posessed by demons and he used to channel them and once when they were having sex the demon come out and said it was him. Same sister told me she was playing with a Oijua board and things starting flying around and she tried to run but the door knob wouldn't turn. She says she tried to scream "Jehovah" but she couldnt speak. After a minute or so she was able to yell His name and then then door opened. Oh yea, and she said her dad was possesed by demons once and levitaed the couch. Yes, she is still a pioneer, Crazy huh? Tortured by demons and spreading the good old word.

burningbridges

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit