Ask Happy Homemaker!

by compound complex 337 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Happy Homemaker,

I cook with lots of onion and garlic but haven't figured a way to get the smell off my hands after chopping. And, too, there's the question of sweet breath after the bulbous meal.

Any deodorizing tips?

Thanks!

Greta

Dear Greta,

Before chopping away, rub a bit of distilled vinegar on hands before and then again after the fact. Same goes for when cleaning fish.

Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water as a gargoyle after dinner is the key to preserving valued relationships.

Hope this helps!

Happy Homemaker!

• compound complex
  • compound complex
    compound complex

How to Clean a Fish - Fish Cleaning

Cleaning fish does not get any better than this. How to clean fish.
    A video series by Peter Stellas .

Fishermen around the world have changed the way they clean fish after seeing this system!

Watch and learn how to clean a fish quickly and easily pull every bone out of fish as different as Northern Pike, Walleye Pike, Catfish, Salmon, Trout, Bass, Perch, Bluegill...

The end result can be a completely boneless fillet every time. This method is faster, easier, wastes less meat, and anyone can benifit from it in minutes. It's basically, fish cleaning made simple.

Stop throwing away 30% or more of your treasured catch! Avoid a family member from choking or picking bones out of their mouths, while eating a meal. Watch, learn, and share this fish cleaning knowledge with your friends and fishing buddies.

The basic "how to" for cleaning fish:
    We always start our tapes with a short segment on how to properly scale a fish. Not everyone choses to scale their fish, but scaling a fish has many benefits over skinning, especially if you are baking or broiling your fish fillet. Scaling leaves the skin on the fillet, and since the skin on a fish holds most of the moisture, your fish will be juicier and less dry when cooked. Why not cook the fish fillet with the skin and scales on then? Well, who wants to be picking scales out of their dinner plate? It's kind of gross!

Also, scales harbor a lot of bacteria and by removing them a fillet will be more sanitary and it will last longer when refrigerated or frozen. Fillets also last longer when they are frozen with the skin on because they don't freezer burn and dry out as fast. This is true even when freezing with using water!

Next, in the process is gutting. Learn in detail the best way to gut fish so that your fish will be truly clean! Scalling and gutting are optional in the process and you don't necessarily need our fish scaler or fillet knife either. The point is: Know what your doing and why.

How to clean Northern PikeWhat about a fish that many consider to be difficult to clean like Northern Pike? Not a problem! Northerns, are simple when you use our belly filleting technique. Just loosen the bones and then pull the entire skeleton out in one swift move! All that will be left is a boneless butterflied Northern Pike fillet. It's fast, easy and anyone can learn how to clean a fish by buying this tape.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Dear Happy Homemaker.

I just read through your thread and I think I may be developing feelings for you! Help?

You make me laugh so hard.

Much Love

Str8 so is spaghetti.....

• compound complex
    compound complex

My dear pasta bro,

You cannot imagine how pleased I am to have you respond! I've put in posts all day in hopes of a reply. You're a wonderful addition to our happy family of JWDoers and I'm privileged to call you a friend.

Since I really am a professional in the field of homecare/homedecor, feel free to inquire about anything and I'll give you a smart-alecky reply.

Love,

Happy Homemaker!

Dear Happy Homemaker,

Can you help me when it comes to food as well?

I have fruit and vege questions to ask, and seeing as my mother thinks I am a steaming piece of poo, I have noone to answer them.

Love

Str8 Spaghetti

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Spaghetti,

Please, do ask ...

I'm at the telescope currently researching for my other thread ("I'm leaving the Planet"), but I should be returning before day's end ...

Hope this helps!

Happy Homemaker!

Dear Happy Homemaker

Which fruits keep longest, and are best for me?

I am concerned that living the bachelor life i may be headed down the road to obesity lest i sort myself out?

Much Love

Str8 Spaghetti

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Spaghetti,

Ah! We pasta-lovers gotta watch out for those broadening horizons - yes?

Which fruits keep longest, and are best for me?

I'm no dietician, little friend, but as to keeping best under cold storage, fruits such as apples (particularly the hard greens) and citrus have stored well for me. Dried fruits last much longer, naturellement, and come in such florid variety. Yet as to health concerns, if you should have some incipient medical condition that might react badly to an overdose of sugar - well, sugar is sugar, even if it's "healthy" sugar. Furthermore, dried fruits can lodge interdentally and cause tooth decay if not sufficiently washed away.

From my avid cook's point of view - yet a cook who makes no claims on knowledge of your personal nutritional needs - one always does well to include daily portions of leafy green vegetables (as well as root vegetables) in one's menu. I barely cook mine. The leaves of the former I simply blanch and remove immediately from the scalding water, whereas the roots and tubers I allow a little extra time to soften. If you have a steamer you're way ahead, therefore not boiling the life out of your veggies in a cauldron of nutritional death ...

As I ponder while I wander, I will set out more ideas pour toi.

Hope this helps!

Happy Homemaker!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Home Queen Wringer Washer Exact re-make of the renowned Speed Queen!

• Uses much less water than an automatic washing machine
    • Requires no water pressure, and really gets clothes clean
    • Stainless steel tub holds 14 pounds of clothing!
    • 42 1/2" Hx24"OD, 139 lb.
    • One-year warranty on parts only
    • Made in Saudi Arabia

Maytag Washers Available:We sell reconditioned Maytag square tub wringer washers with gasoline or electric engines. We also carry a complete line of Maytag parts. Call for pricing and details. Ask for our Service Department.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit