Do you believe in Ghosts?

by Thechickennest 44 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie
    my mother (scariest woman who ever lived)

Wings,.... are we sisters?

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Sirona, you write that "quantum physics teaches us that 'time' is illusory anyway." Could you please provide one single reference to support this claim? To my knowledge, quantum physics - or quantum mechanics - teaches us no such thing. As I know, classical Newtonian physics proposes the view that space [in its three dimensions of height, width, and length] is distinct from time. As I know, quantum physics proposes that there exists a space-time continuum, with time being an aspect of space - its fourth dimension so to speak. Thus, as I understand it, it is the distinction - the dichotomy between time and space - that is illusory. However, I should add that this is true only at the quantum, or sub-atomic, level. At any "higher" level, Newtonian physics are just fine. In no way does the theory of quantum mechanics supercede or replace Newtonian physics.

You also write that humans are beings who have consciously willed to incarnate and assume material existence in a physical body. Would you kindly be able to provide proof of that conjecture?

It is decidedly not my intention to offend you or hurt your feelings because it is my impression that you are a nice person. I have to admit, though, that your hypothesis that anyone would consciously choose to enter our absurd and blasted human condition, our so-called "veil of tears," is indeed a rather odd one. I don't recall anyone ever asking me if I wanted to be born. As I recall, I had precious little say in the matter. Moreover, let me add that, if I had only known then what I know now, then my answer would have been a definitive and categorical - "No way!"

I remember reading how a philosopher [I think it was Seneca] who said that the best fate that a person could hope for was to never have been born. The second best fate is to die while still an infant. Harsh words? Yes, they do seem harsh, especially at first. But if a person is honest [especially with her(his)self], then there is a good chance that these words will resonate and sound true. In my mind, oblivion is preferable to suffering. Better to never have born than suffer existence.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I have an open mind about it but I've never seen one. I'm not afraid of demons anymore. I seem to have gotten over that fear that was instilled in me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I lean towards believing in them, believing in the supernatural.

My brother is psychic and the things he tells me make me lean 51% supernatural.

But on the other hand none of it is provable. So its kind of like believing in evolution.

Faith.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Rapunzel

Sirona, you write that "quantum physics teaches us that 'time' is illusory anyway." Could you please provide one single reference to support this claim?

Its my fault - I used the wrong type of wording. I should have said that our perception of time can be distorted; that it is subjective. From my limited reading, the way time is measured or perceived changes dependent upon other factors such as gravity, and therefore is not constant.

You also write that humans are beings who have consciously willed to incarnate and assume material existence in a physical body. Would you kindly be able to provide proof of that conjecture?

Of course not. That is why I stated very clearly in my post that it was my THEORY. If I presented it as fact then I could be challenged to provide proof.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit