Do you believe in Ghosts?

by Thechickennest 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

They do exist.

Sirona

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Rubbish.....how many pissed off dead Apostates would be haunting the Governing body members....whispering in their ears....tipping over glasses of water.....making chairs move so they fall on their ass......this doesn't happen!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Maybe the ghosts just prefer to stick around people they LIKED while alive!!!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sirona,

They do exist.

In which case, why do they not do something useful for a change rather than floating around, disappearing through walls and making loud sounds all night. If they can do that, surely they can clean my car for me, or feed the cat, or perhaps vacuum my office, which really needs it this morning. As it is they are a waste of ethereal space.

Of course they do not exist, at least not outside of overactive imaginations.

HS

• changeling
  • Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I do believe in spooks! I do. I do! Whether they are the spirits of dead humans or not, I know they are out there.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

If there's something strange
    in your neighborhood
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

If there's something weird
    and it don't look good
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I ain't afraid of no ghosts

If you're seeing things
    running through your head
    Who can ya call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

An invisible man
    sleeping in your bed
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

If ya all alone
    pick up the phone
    and call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I here it likes the ghost
    I ain't afraid of no ghost
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

If you've had a dose of a
    freaky ghost baby
    Ya better call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Lemme tell ya something
    Bustin' makes me feel good!

Don't get caught alone no no

GHOSTBUSTERS

When it comes through your door
    Unless you just want some more
    I think you better call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I think you better call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I can't hear you
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Louder
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who can ya call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

• feenx
    feenx

I agree with Hope4Others, we were all conditioned to believe some pretty "out there" things. I think as a result many of us since our exodus from the borg have a habit of writing things off, no matter what it is. Valid "belief" in something is all a matter of perspective. There are a vast number of people who look at the belief that a human, who able to perform miracles, claimed to be the son of god, died a horrible death only to come back to life and show himself to people as a CRAZY notion. Yet a large number of believe this as fact. It is all in the eyes of each individual. The "evidence" supporting Jesus' activities is no more concrete than anything related to spirits.

I also believe many people who have never had any kind of encounters with what they would call a spirit have a difficult time believing in such a thing.

One's belief, or disbelief, doesn't change the reality however. I personally do believe in spirits, or energy as I call it. But that belief doesn't have any bearing on those spirits. So I feel it's like everything else in this life, CHOICE.

I'm curious as to what dictates each of our belief or disbelief in spirits. What is if for you that makes you feel a certain way about it?

feenx Indigo Insight

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: Just curious.....what is your feelings post Witness about the super natural?

A.: There is no "spirit realm" inhabited by any sort of creatures. There is the mind of man.

• Sirona
    Sirona

HS

In which case, why do they not do something useful for a change rather than floating around, disappearing through walls and making loud sounds all night. If they can do that, surely they can clean my car for me, or feed the cat, or perhaps vacuum my office, which really needs it this morning. As it is they are a waste of ethereal space.

Of course we don't know the exact reasons, but my hypothesis is something like this:

Humans are spirit beings who have chosen to incarnate. The reasons we take on physical bodies and live physical lives are numerous. The whole universe is evolving and part of its development includes but is not limited to physical things (the seen universe which can be measured). As part of this ever evolving universe we live multiple lives in physical bodies. When we are not in a physical body it is not part of our primary purpose to be interacting with the physical all the time. Those in the physical have their own stuff to be getting on with and those not in physical bodies also have development and other things going on for them. Sometimes they will visit and interact with those in physical bodies - sometimes they keep away. Their perspective is totally different from ours.

The above applies to conscious spirit beings. Other phenomena which are labelled "ghosts" are simply traces of energy which replay time and again - like footsteps along a corridor for example. That kind of phenomenon is not a conscious entity which chooses to walk a corridor for 200 years - its a trace of something which happened in the past. Since quantum physics teaches us that "time" is illusory anyway, we may even be seeing time distortions. We could glimpse someone walking along who then disappears - are they a ghost or are they a glimpse of the past?

These are theories of course. I base my belief on the numerous experiences I've had with spirit beings.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit