Need Help, Hubbys Mad at Elders and I Need To Get Info for Him...

by cognac 42 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Ok, here's what's going on. Hubbys brother is not baptised and faded. Another girl in the cong - same thing.

They just announced both of them as no longer bap't publishers. From what I've been told, that's not just an announcement to just let the cong know they don't put in reports- it's like there d'fing them or marking them or something.

Anyways, in order for elders to do that, they are supposed to at least attempt to meet with the person. The elder saw hubby's brother after driving his mom home from a mtg in Jan, and sat with him for a few minutes encouraging him to go to the mtgs. That was it.

The other girl - they didn't even call her!

Hubby's pissed that they "didn't leave the 99 to go rescue the 1' so to speak. Even according to the FDS rules, I believe they broke them. Hubby wants to confront the PO about this and is even willing to go to the CO about this.

Anyways, I need your help!!! Do you know of any JW literature that my hubby can use to confront the elders with? Or, any other scriptures or lines or reasonning that I can show my hubby?

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cognac

• carla
    carla

The best source would probably be the elders manual which r & f are not supposed to see so he would get in trouble for looking it up on the internet I suppose. I think there were some wt's that explain how 'helpful' the elders are supposed to be, someone will remember which ones and post them for you.

• cognac
    cognac
    The best source would probably be the elders manual which r & f are not supposed to see

Crap! Thanks for your support though Carla!

• White Dove
    White Dove

WT bound volumes have a ton of loving shephard lies to choose from.

Glad he's p***'d.

• cognac
    cognac

WT bound volumes have a ton of loving shephard lies to choose from.

Glad he's p***'d.

Yeah, me too... I really don't blame him either. They never even announced his brother as a publisher to begin with and now they go out of there way to try to publicly humiliate him...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's something to start out:

w88 11/15 pp. 17-19 Helping Others to Worship God***

Help

for One Who Errs

In the previous article, we discussed the congregation’s provisions to help any baptized Christian who commits serious sin. (Hebrews 12:9-13) And we saw from the Bible that if a baptized wrongdoer is unrepentant, the congregation may need to expel him and thereafter avoid any fellowship with him. (1 Corinthians 5:11-13; 2 John 9-11; 2 Thessalonians 2:11, 12) What steps, though, can be taken if an unbaptized publisher seriously errs or sins?

Jude urged that mercy be shown to anointed Christians who had developed doubts or had fallen into sins of the flesh, provided they were repentant. (Jude 22, 23; see also 2 Corinthians 7:10.) Would it not, then, be even more fitting that mercy be shown to an erring unbaptized person who demonstrates repentance? (Acts 3:19) Yes, for his spiritual foundation is not as solid, and his experience in Christian living is more limited. He may not have learned God’s thinking on some matters. He has not gone through the series of prebaptism Bible discussions with elders, and he has not submitted to the serious step of water immersion. Moreover, Jesus said that "everyone to whom much was given, much will be demanded of him." (Luke 12:48) So, much is expected of baptized ones who, along with increased knowledge and blessings, have special accountability.—James 4:17; Luke 15:1-7; 1 Corinthians 13:11.

Consistent with Paul’s advice, spiritually qualified brothers want to assist any unbaptized publisher who takes a false step before being aware of it. (Compare Galatians 6:1.) The elders could ask two of their number (perhaps those who earlier met with him) to try to readjust him if he wants to be helped. They would do so, not out of a desire to reprove with severity, but in a merciful way and in a spirit of mildness. (Psalm 130:3) In most cases, Scriptural exhortation and practical suggestions will suffice to produce repentance and put him on the right path.

The two elders will provide directions appropriate to the unbaptized wrongdoer’s situation. In some cases, they may arrange that for a time the erring one not be in the Theocratic Ministry School or be allowed to comment at meetings. Or they may instruct him not to share in the public ministry with the congregation until he has made more spiritual progress. Then they can tell him that he may again participate in the field ministry. If the wrongdoing did not bring notoriety and did not pose a danger to the cleanness of the flock, it is not necessary to alert the congregation by any announcement.

What, though, if the two elders find that the person is genuinely repentant, but the wrong is widely known? Or what if the wrongdoing becomes widely known later? In either case, they can inform the Congregation Service Committee, who will arrange for a simple announcement, as follows: "A matter involving . . . has been handled, and he [she] continues to serve as an unbaptized publisher with the congregation." As in all such matters, the body of elders can determine whether it would be advisable at some future point to give a Scriptural talk with counsel about the sort of wrongdoing involved.

Occasionally, an unbaptized publisher who is a wrongdoer will not respond to loving assistance. Or an unbaptized publisher may determine that he does not want to continue progressing toward baptism, and he informs the elders that he does not want to be recognized as a publisher. What is to be done? Disfellowshipping action is not taken regarding such ones who actually have not become approved by God. The arrangement of disfellowshipping unrepentant wrongdoers applies to those ‘called brothers,’ to baptized ones. (1 Corinthians 5:11) Does this mean, though, that the wrongdoing is ignored? No.

The elders are responsible to ‘shepherd the flock of God in their care.’ (1 Peter 5:2) If two elders offering help determine that an unbaptized wrongdoer is unrepentant and unqualified to be a publisher, they will inform the individual. Or if some unbaptized one tells the elders that he no longer wishes to be recognized as a publisher, they will accept his decision. In either case, it is appropriate for the Congregation Service Committee to have a simple announcement made at an appropriate time, saying " . . . is no longer a publisher of the good news."

How will Witnesses thereafter view the person? Well, at an earlier point he was an ‘unbeliever’ attending meetings. Then he both wanted to be and qualified to be a publisher of the good news. This is no longer the case, so he again is a person of the world. The Bible does not require that Witnesses avoid speaking with him, for he is not disfellowshipped. Still, Christians will exercise caution with regard to such a person of the world who is not worshiping Jehovah, even as Israelites did regarding uncircumcised alien settlers. This caution helps to protect the congregation from any "little leaven," or corrupting element. (1 Corinthians 5:6) If at some later time he expresses a genuine desire for a Bible study to be held with him, and this seems in order to the elders, perhaps it will help him come to appreciate again what a privilege it is to worship Jehovah with His people.—Psalm 100.

If the elders see that a certain person of this sort is an unusual threat to the flock, they can privately warn those endangered. For example, the former publisher may be a youth who has given in to drunkenness or immorality. Despite the announcement that he is no longer an unbaptized publisher, he might attempt to socialize with youths in the congregation. In that situation, the elders would speak privately to the parents of the endangered ones, and maybe to those youths also. (Hebrews 12:15, 16; Acts 20:28-30) In the rare case of a person who is disruptive or violently dangerous, he can be told that he is not welcome at the meetings and that any attempt to enter will be considered trespassing.

• cognac
    cognac

OTWO ~ You are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-you sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Just keep him focused on seeing theeldersoveer this. Point him in the right direction and sit this one out.

The conversation hw is about to have will do more to get him out than just about anything you can say at this point. That is, if he can think for himself and digest the run around he's about to see and hear.

Chin up!

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Bible does not require that Witnesses avoid speaking with him, for he is not disfellowshipped.

Did you notice the cult speak here. If the Bible does not require that Witnoids avoid
    speaking with him, for he is not disfellowshipped- then the Bible must require that
    Witnoids DO avoid speaking with someone who is disfellowshipped.

But they say that the individuals decide how to treat such a person.

Cognac, You are welcome.

• cognac
    cognac
    The conversation hw is about to have will do more to get him out than just about anything you can say at this point.

Yes, I think your right. The funniest thing is, his brother asked me and hubby to study with him, lol. So, it's like, with OTWO's info, they really can't say that he is even unrepentant... If they had met with him, they would have known that he wanted a study and thereby repentant...

When we do study, it will be bible reading only...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit