Need Help, Hubbys Mad at Elders and I Need To Get Info for Him...

by cognac 42 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac
    Did you notice the cult speak here. If the Bible does not require that Witnoids avoid
    speaking with him, for he is not disfellowshipped- then the Bible must require that
    Witnoids DO avoid speaking with someone who is disfellowshipped.

Yeah, isn't that convenient???

oh, and hubby's brother hasn't been going to the meetings IN OVER A YEAR!!! The other girl, it's been like, 2 years. I wonder what brought this on all of a sudden???

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Do you know of any JW literature that my hubby can use to confront the elders with? Or, any other scriptures or lines or reasonning that I can show my hubby?

Why confront them?

Try helping "hubby" to understand that the whole religion is based on false hopes and illusion.

To try to reform it is an exercise in futility.

• myself
    myself

14 The two elders will provide directions appropriate to the unbaptized wrongdoer’s situation. In some cases, they may arrange that for a time the erring one not be in the Theocratic Ministry School or be allowed to comment at meetings. Or they may instruct him not to share in the public ministry with the congregation until he has made more spiritual progress. Then they can tell him that he may again participate in the field ministry. If the wrongdoing did not bring notoriety and did not pose a danger to the cleanness of the flock, it is not necessary to alert the congregation by any announcement.

He was never baptized, he doesn't "belong" to the organization in the first place according to their terms. According to the highlighted information, they are condemning him of wrongdoing in an organization he never formally joined though baptism. They make a public announcement which according to their own publications is an alert to its members that the subject of the announcement is a sinner worthy of such an announcement. Sounds life defamation of character to me

• cognac
    cognac
    Why confront them?

he's the one who wants to confront him and I support him in this. He wants to feel that he stood up for his brother and this is his way of doing this...

• White Dove
    White Dove

The frustration and arrogance he WILL encounter when confronting the elders may do more good than harm in getting him to see what they really are about.

It sure helped me.

• cognac
    cognac

The frustration and arrogance he WILL encounter when confronting the elders may do more good than harm in getting him to see what they really are about.

It sure helped me.

Yeah, I think so to... Nice thing is, CO will be here soon so its fresh in his mind. Plus, he wants to be an MS so if he doesn't get it he's going to know EXACTLY why...

• minimus
    minimus

Just remember, you can't win when exposing them. And if your husband pushes their buttons by questioning them, he will be viewed differently.

Hopefully, it will translate into his recognizing that the whole process is cultish, unloving and unchristian.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Cognac, this is a wonderful opportunity for the hubby to learn what he is truly dealing with. Support him through the entire process. Once the dust settles there is going to be a certain amount of disappointment in him. That will set him in the right direction

• cognac
    cognac
    He was never baptized, he doesn't "belong" to the organization in the first place according to their terms. According to the highlighted information, they are condemning him of wrongdoing in an organization he never formally joined though baptism. They make a public announcement which according to their own publications is an alert to its members that the subject of the announcement is a sinner worthy of such an announcement. Sounds life defamation of character to me

Good point myself! Didn't look at it that way! Thanks.

Hopefully, it will translate into his recognizing that the whole process is cultish, unloving and unchristian.

I hope so. He said this morning that he doesn't want to be an MS if the org treats people this way.

Cognac, this is a wonderful opportunity for the hubby to learn what he is truly dealing with. Support him through the entire process. Once the dust settles there is going to be a certain amount of disappointment in him. That will set him in the right direction

Thanks Wha. I will support him. He's already disappointed with them and hurt. I feel bad for him...

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- This is very interesting. This goes along with my theory that as a witness, when the injustices start affecting you personally, or you see injustices committed towards your own relatives- it begins opening your eyes to the lies that we've been told by the Watchtower society and it hastens our desire to get out of the organization because of the injustices experienced. I truly hope this is a beginning for your husband to start in that direction. Good job you are doing supporting his efforts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit