Need Help, Hubbys Mad at Elders and I Need To Get Info for Him...

by cognac 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Why would they be pursuing your husbands brother if he is "not" baptised?

• cognac
    cognac
    Why would they be pursuing your husbands brother if he is "not" baptised?

No idea, but he wasn't the only one. The other girl in the hall wasn't bap't either...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

There shouldn't even be a chase let alone a mention from the platform. Unless they were just anouncing they were no longer a publisher. I've seen this said before.

• cognac
    cognac

Yeah, they did announce that they were no longer publishers. That's like marking them. They shouldn't be doing this unless they at least first attempt to speak with these people. They just made this announcement out of the blue.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm sorry but they already made the statement, it's too late. Nothing will happen to the BOE no matter how much one complains.

• cognac
    cognac

Yeah, I know. However, hubby still wants to say something. At least let them know that he feels what they did was wrong.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hi Cognac,

I'm in Delaware in your time zone and will be watching the board after your meeting to see what happened, if anything and if you post:)

Must be almost time for meeting.

• Quandry
    Quandry

The best thing you can to is back off and let hubbie find out for himself what they are like.

Don't worry, they will not like someone questioning their authority AT ALL.

Maybe ask questions like, "Why would they do that? They always say from the platform how loving elders are."

Tell your husband you support him, but don't be the cause of confrontation. It may come back to bite you instead if he blames you for pushing him into being confrontational.

• cognac
    cognac

Hey guys,

I'm back from the meeting now. The PO was there today and hubby is going to speak with him. He printed out the materials this morning himself and told me that he would call me to tell him when to pick him up cause I went home. He's doing this on his own.

Now I'm just waiting...

• cognac
    cognac

Hubby came back from the mtg. They totally bs'd him. He wants to go to the CO now. The CO is here this week. I'll let you know what happens. He's not to happy about it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit