Do You Still Believe In Anything JWs Taught You?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Religion is a Snare and a Racket. Te best doctrine ever!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I now consider myself agnostic.

I align myself with the dubs in my belief that there is a God.

When I weigh the evidence I have come across, I score 51% God 49% no god.

Knowing whether or not there is a God is like knowing who is going to win the world series or the superbowl.

Its not like knowing the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I believe in that illustration they use.

Put one drop of poison in a glass of water, and you wouldn't knowingly drink it.
    I found the poison in their water, it is no longer quenching my thirst.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Bad associations spoil useful habits. JWs are "bad association".

W

• amicus
    amicus

I was raised to be a good Irish Catholic. Two doctrines of the Catholic Church that I was never really able to grasp was eternal hellfire and the Trinity.

The witnesses spin on both those subjects makes far more sense to me than any other explanation I've encountered.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Not sure if I learned these from JW's, but I don't believe Jesus was God, or that a burning Hell awaits "sinners".

• FairMind
    FairMind

No Burning Hell

Soul is a Living Breathing Being and not immortal

Bible is God’s word and written for our benefit

Applying Bible principles will make one’s life smoother

God’s kingdom is ONLY hope for mankind (look what’s going on now and argue otherwise)

God is not partial (but the organizational authorities are)

One must look to Jehovah and not man (this is a forked tongue teaching as one is always directed to look to the organization)

You reap what you sew

• JesusFreak1975
    JesusFreak1975

1. Apostates are an extreme danger to my faith, and if I talk to them it is likely I will fall away from Jehovah.

2. The Truth will set you free.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of Course!!..Armageddon came in 1975 and this is the New System!.....I have a lion I can pet..Although..He looks more like a dog..And..He barks.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Do you mean doctrines? Nope!

If you refer to constructs that add discipline and structure in life, then ok perhaps. I refer to so called 'morals', living a life with standards. But I also believe that any good sincere Christian would have fared just as well as I did - there was no particular superiority in the things they taught over those taught by other religions. I never viewed marriage as 'temp' for instance, and my life has been positively influenced by not having to deal with divorce.

But mostly I would answer the question on the surface with a resounding NO!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit