Do You Still Believe In Anything JWs Taught You?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are there any beliefs that you learned from the Witnesses that you still believe in?

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

Sure, I would say the concept of racial equality is something I still believe in; i.e. "God is not partial".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

1. Religion is a snare and racket
    2. there is no such thing as hellfire
    3. there is no trinity
    4. training on the thoecratic ministry school is beneficial
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

Because there are many positions held by the Watchtower on non confrontation issues (like telling people to love their wife or something like that) I think I would qualify the statement by instead saying "do you still believe anything that is uniquely taught by the JW's?

My answer to that question is a resounding no

The Watchtower is probably the most highly restrictive theological system out there when it comes to major religions. Either you believe it all, or it all crumbles. While some people that leave may agree on what teachings contained in christian orthodoxy should be rejected (hellfire, trinity, ect), there would probably be a lack of agreement on what should replace such teachings.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe the Bible is God's Word or Message to us.

But, I believed that before joining the Witnesses!

Sylvia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Spritually? No.

I believe religion is a snare and a racket.

I believe the bible is stories of old.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Racial equality among JW`s..LOL!!..Everyone is equal among JW`s,some are just more equal than others......Make no mistake,there are some JW`s that are very racist...........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• thepackage
    thepackage

Only thing they taught me during my time with them was how to be a heavy drinker and how politics work in the hall!!!!

• feenx
    feenx

I would say no. There are plenty of wonderful things I learned while being a JW, e.g. love your neighbor, the golden rule, you reap what you sow, etc., HOWEVER none of those things were actually taught to me by the society. They are all things I learned on my own.

The many things they attempted to teach me, the Bible is the only inspired word of god, our purpose in life, jehovah's lovingness, history, how to apply bible principles in life, etc. etc. etc. are all things i could not and will not ever subscribe to.

I will also agree that the ministry school was quite beneficial, just not for converting anyone. ;)

feenx
    Indigo Insight

• Casper
    Casper

The only thing I still believe in, as taught by the witnesses is:

No hell fire...

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit