Do You Still Believe In Anything JWs Taught You?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

** The Watchtower is probably the most highly restrictive theological system out there when it comes to major religions. **

Islam and $cientology are much worse. The Witlesses only kill their own (no blood, transplants, vaccinations) but the Muslims kill everybody -- especially apostates. Google $cientology and you'll be thankful that your cult experience just meant the drudgery of five meetings a week and knocking on doors peddling literature.

---
    And the Borg shall straighten thy path and direct thine advance verily into the miasma of malodorous monkey muck ... Hezekiah 19:14 NWT

• minimus
    minimus

Dub, you should post more often.

• undercover
    undercover

I'd have to say no...

I might believe the same thing as they do in some instances, but not for the same reasons anymore. Take Hellfire. I was raised to believe that Hell was not a burning place, but yet Hell, as in eternal death was real.

I still believe that Hell is not a burning place, but not because the JWs are right about interpreting the Bible but because I've realized that there is no Hell...period. Death is death, no more is no more.

The same can be said for most anything that I was taught as a JW that I might still agree with. Even if I still believe the same as before, it's not because I carried it over, its because I've come to that detemination on my own. If it happens to coincide with what they believe, it's purely conicidence.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If the question was: "Do you Care about anything JWs taught you?" My answer would be no.

I am so exhausted from the process of extricating myself from religion that I neither have the energy or inclination to decide what I should or should not believe in as it relates to the bible or doctrinal beliefs.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Of course I do. I still believe "All Scripture is inspired of god and beneficial for all the inhabited erf, for a witness to all nations, and then this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." Something like that.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I still believe in the teachings of the JWs that support the Wiccan Rede.

Other than that Golden Rule thingy, no, I don't believe in the far out miracles or the mysogynic messages in the Bible and in the talks.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I learned nothing as a JW. JW's don't teach. They don't have a clue.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I would be deeply suspicious of anything that I learned from the JWs.

The only things that I still am in agreement with them about are ones that I actually learned elsewhere
    - i.e. the basic, so-called "Christian" principles (that are in fact common to most of the world's major religions).

The JWs don't have the monopoly on these - anymore than other religions don't have the monopoly on failing to practice what they preach!

Jack.

• minimus
    minimus

I learned how to "handle the microphone". And I still believe this knowledge has helped me "handle" other things too.

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

minimus: ** Dub, you should post more often. **
    Many thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated.

---
    And the Borg shall straighten thy path and direct thine advance verily into the miasma of malodorous monkey muck ... Hezekiah 19:14 NWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit