Do you exercise or isn't that your thing.

by LouBelle 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

For the last 5 and 1/2 weeks I have been at the gym mostly twice a day except saturdays - I only have one training session. Each of my sessions is at least an hour long but can go for two hours. I do various cardio in the evenings and do strength training in the morning.

Before this I wasn't really into anything great. But I can honestly say I am thoroughly enjoying it, I am seeing results, my body shape is slowly slowly changing plus I feel pretty much on top of the world.

I've noticed that even in my off time I want to do things that require more activity.

I'm loving the exercise, loving the achey muscles and loving life. It truly makes a difference.

I've got pics of various stages of weight loss. I'll post everything up once I reach my goal - a little bit to go considering how far I've come. You won't believe your eyes!!!!

And to Princess Daisy Boo - I truly am so proud of you girl for taking back the control and facing up to the challenge of losing weight. It's the hardest thing on this planet to do!!! Requires much strength. If ever you need encouragment you give me a shout.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Yes, I also exercise. Try to go to gym daily while I usually don't do weekends. The body needs a break.

Had to stop for a while due to surgery so I had to return very gradually. But at this stage, I am back to treadmill, rowing machine, and different weight machines. And of course, my beloved yoga. But that is another story...

Going to gym is not always a given. Some mornings, I really have to push myself. But in the end, just like you, I thouroughly enjoy it. It brings a "high" difficult to explain:-)

Keep up the good work, LouBelle Can hardly wait to see your "before" and "after" pics!!!

• why???
    why???

I used to workout on my own. But I've gotten lazy busy and fatter so now I'm kicking it back up. Im starting to ride my bike its the best form of exercise for me plus weight training I love that too. I wanna lose bout 20lbs by my wedding!!! Wish me luck. why??? aka (strong and sexy) ;-)

• Switch
    Switch

Hi Loubelle. I've always loved exercising but getting around to doing it is another thing. Lately, I've been getting up at 6 a.m. before anyone else in the house is awake and doing my stretches and walking with my dog for an hour. It's an awesome way to start the day. I supplement that with pilates or yoga a couple times a week. After I get in a little better shape, I'm thinking about taking a non-combative kickboxing class in the fall/winter. I'm sure if I tried to do an hour of kickboxing right now...well, my body would be screaming and I'd be huffing and puffing and it wouldn't be pretty.

It doesn't matter if your body takes a while to get whipped into shape, exercise still makes you feel great and gives you confidence, don't ya think? I've also noticed I actually crave healthier foods. That's a bonus.

-switch

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I started exercising when I was 19, after my father was discovered to have col-rectal cancer. When asked how he got this, the surgeon plainly told us that Americans eat too much junk; BBQ, grilled foods, too much red meat, pork, fast food, high salt intake, and they don't exercise enough. My father was large (300+ lbs, 6'-1" tall). He succombed to cancer 9 months later. It was horrible.

Even though I was young and rail thin (19 yrs old, 6'-2", 190lbs), I decided then and there I would change. I exercise 3 times a week, 1-1/2 hours at a time. I do 30 minutes of cardio, 10 of abs, nearly and hour of strenght training. I also do one solid day of cardio - 60 minutes, plus ab workout. A few years ago, I had a summer off. I decided to bulk up as big as I could get, and I did - topping 260 lbs. by working out 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. Then I started work again...some of that muscle turned to fat, as I couldn't work out 3 hours a day to maintain the muscle. Slowly, I have added more cardio and am now down to a trimmer, more toned, 236 lbs. I am going to work my way down to 220 lbs, my prime. I've lost 10 lbs since May, and am doing good.

Working out is great, makes you feel great, is a treat to the cardiovascular system, and should be encouraged. Your body is a temple, better keep it in working order. Too bad JW's only live for another lifetime and not this one, none that I knew ever worked out - it took away from door knocking. Aaack.

- Wing Commander

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To me, exercise means walking, riding my bicycle instead of paying $4 a gallon for gas, and abdominal training exercise.

• White Dove
    White Dove

LB,

What a great thread!

I just came back from the Y walking 2.5 mph on a 3% incline on the treadmill.

I work up to it gradually and am on it for 30 min. all together.

My goal is to do this every day.

It's so easy because I live less than 1/2 a mile from it.

I don't take to new habits easily so it's only easy to say, not to do.

I drive there because of a big multi-lane intersection that has no provisions for peds.

When I can go 1/2 an hour and still want more, I'll start walking there and back.

I find the gym to be more structured and can control the amount of exercise that I do so I see results and don't wonder if I'm doing enough of the right thing.

Maybe I just need to listen to my body more.

I'm a huge procrastinator so it's good to know that others are doing it, too.

I'm 165 lbs. but I'm eating better and exercising more so it should go fast enough.

This is the heaviest I've ever been.

I'll post the results as I progress.

I can't wait to see your pix!

You and others here are an inspiration!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

You guys are reminding me that I'm slacking.

This spring I was a regular at the local track but once the temps got over 90, I quit. I usually combat this by going in the morning but I have been unmotivated to get my butt up early. I have workout videos and stuff I could do in the house but they bore me to tears. I really like walking/running with the ole MP3 player.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    Too bad JW's only live for another lifetime and not this one, none that I knew ever worked out - it took away from door knocking.

Dude that WAS me, and you know that scripture - Bodily training beneficial for little. Once I left I was, and I don't say this lightly M A S S I V E. So I've been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and totally understand others that were there. It's been a long journey, but incredably rewarding.

• changeling
    changeling

I practice yoga, but not as often as I'd like.

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit