Do you exercise or isn't that your thing.

by LouBelle 43 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I take a kick boxing class. We don't do it during the summer since the place has no A/C!! You will literally pass it because of the heat!! We will start it back up when it cools down starting in October.

Now that it is warm, I do a lot of swimming. Either in the pool or when we take the boat out to the lake. Nice way to work on your tan while getting fit! I try to take my pomeranians for a walk in the evening when it cools down too.

Congrats on your new figure Loubelle!!!

• Terry
    Terry

I automatically transform any physical act I'm engaging in. I make it an exercise.

Exercise is not flailing about. Exercise is opposing muscle groups. I create tensions and dynamics.

Example:

I bathe every day. I lie back in the bath and place my feet as high as I can on the shower head wall. I shampoo my hair and massage my scalp while leaning forward in an abdominal crunch position!

By concentrating on the hair washing, I'm able to hold the crunch much longer than I normally would merely doing a boring exercise!

Another example:

When I'm sitting in a chair I'll place my hands on either side of the chair seat next to my hips and press downward lifting my body an inch or so off the chair. I slowly inhale and allow my body to come back down as I exhale.

Another example:

When I'm driving my car I'll grip the steering wheel tightly and pull back on it (like a pilot engaging a "climb" maneuver) with as much force and energy as I can muster. This strengthens my back muscles.

If I have to stand in line somewhere I'll bend my knees slight as I stand creating tension in my thighs and hips. (Don't worry, not enough to look like a dog about to take a dump!)

I have many other examples--but--you get the point.

If I add up all the "exercises" I am able to do this way all day every day it would amount to more than an hour or two at a gym.

Further, whenever I start to crave some unhealthy food or drink I always drink 10--12 oz. of water instead. This usually immediately kills the craving.

My daughter is a fully licensed and certified fitness instructor at a local enterprise (ENERGY FITNESS). I've visited her many times at her place of work. The people I see at the fitness center have their hearts in the right place---but---look like somebody sucked all the life out of them. Treadmill walkers glued to a TV screen are about the saddest sight I've seen. Fer Christ's sakes! Can't they just go to the local mall and walk? Ladies bobbing up and down in a pool (T-bags) and calling it exercise may be fine if all your limbs and joints have been replaced--but--otherwise......???

Don't get me started.

Any exercise is better than none. But, a lot of what passes for exercise is just a fooling of the self.

I'm one of the few 61 year old men I've seen without a pregnant blobbo belly.

What is it with men??

• tan
    tan

I love weightlifting. My body type is mesomorph (sp?) so it's pretty easy to build muscle. I eat healthy and take all of the necessary supplements (very important). REST is very important as well. I want to compete in the future but have not dedicated myself to it yet.

I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying yourself and enjoying your results! Thats the best part -- the healthy end results.

Keep up the good work...can't wait to see those pics

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

5 x's a week, love to, weight lifting 5 x's, bicycling, walking, stretching, its addictive and feel like crap if i don't exercise daily.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I try to eat heavy things. Quite the work out...then I carry them around .

Really..I lost 25 pounds... no sugar, coffee and reduced breads a fat.

I broke my leg "excercising"...

Hill

• John Doe
    John Doe

I haven't exercised any at all in the past year, but need to get into it. Being a desk jocky isn't so good on my health.

• changeling
    changeling

Terry: the intensity you bring to every moment of your life is extraordinary and even admirable. It's also exausting just thinking about being YOU.

You crack me up! LOL

changeling :)

• megaflower
    megaflower

Exercise is a passion for me. I built my own gym this past year. It took a 1.5 years to build but it is up and running. I run 3.5 to 4 miles a day and weight lift too. I use to lift heavy(best bench 165 pounds) but now I stay closer to body weight(115 pounds). Hubby and I also play tennis, hike, surf. Keep at it and the results will come.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I run.

I have run regularly since my teens and am now in my mid-fifties and still running. Until my mid forties I ran seven miles, three times a week. Now I am down to three miles three tiimes a week, though between days I work on a home gym and like Terry am very aware of making everyday actions an excercise in themselves.

I am a great believer in exercise where improving the quality of life is concerned, though not a fanatic. It may only give you an extra few years, but you arrive at old age much more comfortably and with far fewer hospital visits.

HS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Something about that post sounds very Forest Gumption, Hillary ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit