Worst Rules

by DoomVoyager 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

You cannot make it into the new system with 1 hour a month in field service.

Warlock

• Babylon the Great Employee
    Babylon the Great Employee

I thought of another bizarre rule: Sisters aren't allowed to look at themselves in the mirror! At the conventions, they would tape paper over the mirrors so we couldn't see our reflections. (I'm sure they still do this.) The reason was so that sisters wouldn't be fixing their make-up when they should be either listening to the talks, or engaging in "good association." This would be vanity and not pleasing to Jehovah God. I'm sure it also alleviated restroom congestion since you were only supposed to be going to the restroom during breaks, not during the session. Quick, get in and out, you won't be able to go later!

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

1.) Servants could not have HBO or other movie channels.

2.) Could'nt buy or leave in tact the Ram emblem on a Chrysler product vehicle.

3.) Couldn't be in sales of used cars because it was kind of like gambling.

4.) Only servants could have a key to the Kingdom Hall.

5.) Congregation would not furnish a diaper changing table in the mens room because changing diapers was considered womens work!

6.) Can't bend both knees at the same time when dancing.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog
    No masturbating at the kingdom hall.

I always hated that one!

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

One MS gave me a ride home one night from the meeting and had the radio on in the car. When "November Rain" by GnR came on he said we should not listen to it because it incited people to suicide. I always loved that song and I never felt suicidal when I heard it.

The chaperoning thing, even among grown people.

And one big thing in both congos was what one guy said about driving all over the place to drop people off so as to avoid having one bro and one sis in the car alone. What a waste of gas.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Just remembered the whole no gambling of any sort...even powerball tickets because it was not putting faith in Jehovah...hahahaha!

• MominAustin
    MominAustin

some (ok - ALL) of these are just insane

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

No PG movies. Not PG-13, but PG! The brother said that the PG stood for Pure Garbage. If I recall correctly, this was said from the platform at a DC. My friend and I just looked at each other like .

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember an elder counseling my brother about his baseball card collection. He said he was idolizing professional athletes(wtf?). Apparently he was clueless about the concept of collecting baseball cards. Any posters we had up of celebrities were said to be idolatry.

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

Years ago, my son was just starting to learn web page design when his mother (my ex-wife) informed him that the WTS had deemed the Intarwebs to be inappropriate for J-dubs. Not long after this I read somewhere that the WTS had uploaded 10,000 images to the website www.watchtower.org. He told his mother who replied that it was impossible that the WTS would have a website. But, she said she would ask Brother Big Tech at the local Kingdumb Hall because "he knows everything about computers." Brother Big agreed that it was quite impossible that the WTS had a website.

A few months later the site was launched and my son mentioned that fact to his mother. She replied, 'Oh, yes, It is so wonderful -- and, the brothers have the most advanced Internet technology available."

---
    And the Borg shall straighten thy path and direct thine advance verily into the miasma of malodorous monkey muck ... Hezekiah 19:14 NWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit