Worst Rules

by DoomVoyager 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

a co said that if you miss a meeting it is an outright act of rebellion agaINST JEHovah.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

No masturbating at the kingdom hall.

• changeling
    changeling

Just remembered this one: At a circuit assembly, the DO at the time (Bro. Roberson) was giving examples of bad examples. He said he was invited for a meal at a single sisters' home and while she was in the kitchen he was looking over her CD collection. He was horrified beyond belief to find a CD called "Fourplay". He said: "What would any witness, let alone a single sister want with a CD called 'Fourplay' ?'.

My husband and I nearly fell out of our seats as we own the CD. Fourplay is a very talented Jazz quartet. Foreplay, is a whole other matter...but not what the CD was about.

He then made a big deal about avoiding even the appearence of evil, even a double entendre.

All the while I kept thinking: What was this guy doing snooping through this sisters stuff? How would that sister (who had graciously shown hospitality to this creep) feel to know this pompous ass was using her as a bad example in CA talks?

Sheesh...

changeling :)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    a co said that if you miss a meeting it is an outright act of rebellion agaINST JEHovah.
    you are stealing from jehovah if you linger at the coffee shop in fs.

So, what happens if I miss the boasting session because I linger at Starbucks? And, instead of masturbating at the Kingdumb Hell, what happens to those who court the waitress there? Or, tip with all the money in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund instead of a waste of paper?

Those people must really be rebelling against that Almighty Scumbag Jehovah. And stealing (both by lingering in the coffee shop and by tipping the waitress or clerk instead of putting that money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund).

• candela
    candela

How about no facial hair below the mouth for men? -the elders fancy way to say "beard"

Isn't facial hair a physical trait of grown men that GOD put there? I truly never was able to make sense out of this one.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Our cong was repeatedly told that it was in very poor form to be chewing gum at the hall or, worse, to have candies that had those noisy wrappers on them. Gum had been found under the seats..... "Was it asking too much of the brothers to actually show respect for the banquet being provided by Jehovah at the meetings to forego gum chewing and candies for the measly 2 hours of the meeting?"

Well, candies were pretty much the highlight of the meetings. There was always some sister that had plenty to go around for all in her aisle, noisy wrapper and all! Near the end of my meeting attendance days, I always had a supply in the briefcase - never gum though...

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Being a witness was just OPPRESSIVE!!!!

• milligal
    milligal

I don't know if anyone has said this one yet; but I heard from the platform that witnesses can never fully love their worldly mates because loving Jehovah is the biggest thing they have to share, if they can't share it with their mates, it will never be a truly close union. The drive was to put pressure on worldly mates to conform.

That is THE stupidest thing to say ever. Talk about tearing family's apart, nothing is ever good enough for them; they have to have complete mind control.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    That is THE stupidest thing to say ever. Talk about tearing family's apart, nothing is ever good enough for them; they have to have complete mind control.

I agree that is pretty stupid, like taking complete blood is wrong but taking all the components separately is okay, tell that on to the people who lost a loved one because of this stupid law.

I remember an elder telling me that my sideburns were to long they had to be just above my ears. I ask him why and where did he come up with this standard. He told me that the WT had to put limits because if they did not then every body would do what they wanted. I said what's the point of having a conscience if we are always told what to do? He told me to be careful because I was developing a critical mind. Just to piss this elder off I decided to grow a goatee. A few weeks later it was the CO visit and I was scheduled to adjust the mics, that was the last time I had "privileges" in the cong but it was worth seeing the expression on the CO face when I adjusted his mic with a nice goatee and big sideburns.

• godadist
    godadist

Worst Rule: JWs who vote Republican will be disfellowshipped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit