Worst Rules

by DoomVoyager 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

What are the worst rules you've ever heard being dispensed from the platform?

"Christians do not dance to YMCA, as it promotes homosexuality."
    "Hairstyles that defy gravity also defy Joe Hoobie." (Hair gel is a tool of Satan!)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Don't flip people off, because you might bring reproach on Jehovah, and also look like an asshole.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

You honestly heard that in a talk?

• Robert7
    Robert7

Wasn't a rule, but recently heard on a Sunday talk. (paraphrasing here) "Don't read into and discuss the history of Russell because that would be gossip"

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I guess that makes the Proclaimers book "apostate literature." Man, what a day it will be when their own publications are on the "apostate" list.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

A few years back at my sister's cong, they made an announcement that you could no longer wear Cologne or after shave to the meetings. It bothered some people, alergies, etc.

However, I know for a FACT, that it was my sister's HUSBAND that made a STINK about it and thus the announcement. FThe fact is, he's just totally intolerant of EVERYTHING!!! Smells, kids, ME!! You name it, he doesn't like it.

Oh, one other thing........He weighs 450 pounds...something like that.......

NMG

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Wait on Jehovah to right all wrongs.

When young people go out, always go with 2 or 3 other couples [so you can all make out at the same time].

Listening to classical composers that led immoral lives will make you immoral, too.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Don't drink at the meetings. No petting in the front rows.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Don't listen to the "Stone Temple Pilots"

If you don't follow all the rules of the witnesses you are not a JW

No playing music in the sound system when cleaning the hall

No listening to Rap - not even Will Smith

• booby
    booby

thought that was "don't think at the meetings"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest