What a deal!

by frozen one 76 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Congrats to her. People are jumping very quickly to say that she doesn't appreciate the deal she is getting, just by one comment about her not being sure if buying it was a good idea. Perhaps that comment referred to the area its in or some other specific detail people. I'm happy for her, so she got a great deal, good for her, most importantly, good for her child! Someone always has it easier and someone always has it harder, duh....being negative about someone's good luck cause its not your own good luck kind of strikes me as bitter and jwish.

I bet the same people saying, yeah I work my butt off, pay my bills, and I dont' catch a break, would happily take the deal she's got if it was offered to them for whatever reason. They wouldn't say..no, no, I dont' want a rebate or discount on my home, cause that's just not fair to the other taxpayers. Remember, she does work and she is raising a child and has been drug and alcohol free since she found out she was going to be a mom. I'm happy as a pig in ..... for her CHILD.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

sweetstuff:

Someone always has it easier and someone always has it harder, duh....being negative about someone's good luck cause its not your own good luck kind of strikes me as bitter and jwish.

Abdolutely. It's like if someone steals your purse. That's bad luck for you but good luck for them, so it all balances out perfectly, right?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Abdolutely. It's like if someone steals your purse. That's bad luck for you but good luck for them, so it all balances out perfectly, right?

Did she steal your purse Derek? I mean, sounds like she took money directly from you. So, you equate theft as in the same category as government grants? Ok, let me ask you this, if your child needed medical care and government funding could provide it, would you turn it down, because you are "stealing" from the other taxpayers???

She didn't commit a frigging crime buddy, she works, she isn't a charity case, she got cut a break, due to a number of circumstances, whoopie.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

sweetstuff:

Did she steal your purse Derek? I mean, sounds like she took money directly from you.

No, not even indirectly from me. But the money was taken from others just so she could have an easier ride.

So, you equate theft as in the same category as government grants?

It's money taken from a person who earned it and given to someone who did not.

Ok, let me ask you this, if your child needed medical care and government funding could provide it, would you turn it down, because you are "stealing" from the other taxpayers???

Of course not. I would prioritise the needs of my child. My complaint is not against those who incidentally benefit from the system, but rather against the system itself.

She didn't commit a frigging crime buddy, she works, she isn't a charity case, she got cut a break, due to a number of circumstances, whoopie.

Well, she is a charity case. Somebody has deemed her to be in need of charity and has provided it for her in the form of a five-figure discount on a home. Nothing wrong with that, except that the money effectively given to her was not charity money but tax money, money that someone else earned to provide for their own family, which money was taken from them to provide for this woman.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    tax money, money that someone else earned to provide for their own family, which money was taken from them to provide for this woman.

That's assuming that they are governmental in nature and not privately funded. Are you positive they are? Have you seen the paperwork? And this woman does work as the OP pointed out, so she pays taxes as well.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Don't mind people like funkyderek, hon'.

• frozen one
    frozen one

The organization that built and sold the house is a non-profit funded with public/private money. While I haven't seen the details of the contract, I'm sure that she can't flip the house and pocket a bunch of cash.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

For many FHA, HUD, etc. housing deals, there is a requirement of tenancy. Maybe 3-5 or something along those lines.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

sweetstuff:

That's assuming that they are governmental in nature and not privately funded. Are you positive they are? Have you seen the paperwork?

No. Obviously, there's no issue if these grants are privately funded. People who want to give their own money to this woman should be absolutely free to do so. I'd be surprised to find any charity doing this though. Most of them could find far more productive ways to spend $80,000.

And this woman does work as the OP pointed out, so she pays taxes as well.

Big deal, if she gets back ten times as much as she pays.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Big deal, if she gets back ten times as much as she pays.

So what if she does? Your right, big deal. If more of humanity had a charitable spirit and less of a selfish, what about me one, we'd have a much better society as a whole. IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit