Have you found a new bible translation you like?

by New light for you 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

How about the Age of Reason, version.

(sorry couldn't resist..............I do recommend the above book, written in the late 1700's by Thomas Paine, and yet remarkable relevant)

• Guest39
    Guest39

I'm just getting started, but based on reviews I read (can't remember where), I'm currently trying to read Holman's Christian Standard Bible. Not that the reading's hard, I just don't have the habit, yet, of reading regularly. There are some things that bug me, but on the whole it's easy to read. Like the American Standard (I think) that I had as a kid, the intro says Lord GOD indicates Adonai Yahweh. My question - then why not USE Adonai Yahweh?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Atheist here. I found the New English bible very easy to read.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I personally prefer the Skeptic's Annotated Bible...

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

biblos.com

many versions you can check online and you can find the one that works for you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I like http://www.blueletterbible.org/ It has several translations, and interlinear and strongs all connected for every verse, plus commentaries.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My current fave is The Best Good Book.

What I appreciate about it is that the translators strictly adhered to the famous Textus Correctus as their principal manuscript.

Coincidentally, I had just posted about it.

Why our Bible is the best!

Here is an interesting Prologue I recently found while perusing Bibles at my local Christian bookstore...

As the Holy Scriptures that were meticulously transmitted to our ancient brethren form the basis of our undying faith in the Sovereign Lord Almighty, the importance of their accurate translation is of utmost concern to all of the consecrated. Tragically, The Enemy of Our Salvation, Satan, and his earthly agents have spared no effort in their attempts to adulterate the purest thoughts of the Most High. The means used were often so subtly insidious that it's only after the passage of centuries that contradictions in renderings and spurious verses have become apparent to the faithful. The publishers of this superior translation wish to assure all that caress its delicate pages in their blessed hands that its veracity has been procured painstakingly and with the assistance of the Holy Spirit Itself.

For the more erudite of our potential audience allow us to point out the many and varied reasons why the Lord has impelled us to declare our translation the pinnacle in the faithful communication of the Divine Message. The most important feature that will interest the most scholarly is that we depended wholly upon Textus Correctus in our version. All manuscripts deemed to conflict with Textus Correctus by our team, all sanctified men called to this monumental work by the Holy Spirit Itself, were cast aside as the leaven that they are.

For the less educated, let's make it clear that this Bible is the right one.

May the Lord God Almighty bless and keep all the faithful that accept only the best in Bible translation,

The Best Good Book Translation Team

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Have you found a new bible translation you like?

I'm still waiting for David Koresh to finish his translation of the Revelation. It's supposed to be a pretty good one.

Might take a while, though.

Farkel

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

NL4U,

Currently agnostic... but I bought the Holman Bible (Guest39 mentioned it too) and I like it... it has some useful charts and is easy to read...

Rob7.. be easy on the wife... she'll come over to the dark side soon enuf, lol... All she needs to do is read the Bible.

A@G

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mulan,

:How about the Age of Reason, version.

Did you know that Paine wrote the entire part 1 of the Age of Reason from memory and without any Bible for a reference? The Age of Reason was banned in Britain for years due to the whining of the religionists there. Guess what? It backfired! It sold more copies on the black market than it probably would have ever sold if it was freely available.

For those of you who haven't already read it, we recommend it highly. It is a first rate critique of the Bible and is widely available on the Internet for free.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit