Did you skip the meeting to watch the superbowl ?

by av8orntexas 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

Just for the super bowl ? Hell I skipped meetings for all kinds of things. Then the next meeting I appeared at, an elder would say something like "I missed you on Sunday". Waiting for me to cough up a reason why I was'nt there. When they said that, I'd just say "enjoy the rest of your day" and walk to my car. I loved the look on the elders face when I looked back and he did'nt get a reason why I did'nt make the meeting. I never felt obligated to tell the elders anything at all. They are not entitled to any info about you beyond what you volunteer.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Hell NO!!! I hate football. *ducks and runs*

momz

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas
    momzcrazyRe: Did you skip the meeting to watch the superbowl ?

Hell NO!!! I hate football. *ducks and runs*

momz

What is this world REALLY coming to, there are people out there who hate football ?????? LOL

HSS1971Re: Did you skip the meeting to watch the superbowl ?
    Just for the super bowl ? Hell I skipped meetings for all kinds of things. Then the next meeting I appeared at, an elder would say something like "I missed you on Sunday". Waiting for me to cough up a reason why I was'nt there. When they said that, I'd just say "enjoy the rest of your day" and walk to my car. I loved the look on the elders face when I looked back and he did'nt get a reason why I did'nt make the meeting. I never felt obligated to tell the elders anything at all. They are not entitled to any info about you beyond what you volunteer. Another of my blunders early on, my mom followed the line of having to EXPLAIN YOURSELF. And early on, I'd follow suit and tell all.
  • Casper
    Casper

Never had to. Our meetings were at 9:30 a.m.

Superbowl came on late in the evening....If the meeting had interfered, I no doubt, would have "missed the meeting"...

I love the Superbowl, all the food and the new commercials... lol

Cas

• RavenManiac
    RavenManiac

No, because I no longer go to meetings! I'm free to do what I want when I want. By the way I'm glad the Patriots lost.

• song19
    song19

I remember I would go and leave the hubby behind with his buds... we were still in at the time, even his buds too. I was a good girl and went to the meeting. (smiley with a halo definitely needed here)

Although this year, we all stayed home to watch the game and we were still 'in'. My son LOVED all the commercials, even the terminator ones after he got use to them. He still asks me to this day if we can watch the superbowl. We're watching Euro now... AWSOME! and miss every meeting to watch the games… freedom rocks!

• restrangled
    restrangled

I don't know what year it was, but I remember a super bowl party at our home for the BEARS! I believe it was after the meeting that was held in the morning, but I guarantee....not one guys brain was focused on the watchtower study!

I was never a sports fan, but I was excited to watch the game myself.

r.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Sports are boring, so, not at all. Well, the meetings are boring too, but I didn't have the choice of staying home.

The Super Bowl isn't a big deal here; it's the World Cup that gets people to miss meetings around here.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I knew an elder who was a big time Raiders fan. He would skip meeting by attending a meeting at an earlier time.

When the Raiders were in the playoffs, he set up stadium style benches in his living room with his Big screen TV. His grandchildren were dressed in uniforms of the teams handing out popcorn and such. He was a great guy.

• Purza
    Purza

No way. I was a good JW and faithful attended all the meetings.

However, one year I did race home from the CA when the Niners blew out the Broncos.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit