What do you want out of your relationship?

by Bumble Bee 35 Replies latest social relationships

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I would like Andy. But completely recovered and back to work, etc. This is not going to happen. I am sadly hoping that maybe someone a lot like him will come along, but with the ability to work and manage money, who is equally crazy about me. Andy has been back with his parents now for 9 months and isn't doing a lot better. Still very helpless.

• oompa
    oompa

all i have left is cooking, sex and tv...is that enough? is it?

and traveling is easy too........oompa

• wings
    wings

Here is it BB:

I want a friend, a soul mate. I love to laugh....so would have to share a warped sense of humor. Would need to possess the ability to stick with me through hard times (sore spot with me), and be able to share some tears with our laughter.

He would need to make my heart flutter, and drive me crazy at the same time.

wings (how's that?)

• dinah
    dinah

Maybe the more important question, BB. What do you want? Wish I didnt live so far away from you.

I want a buddy who doesn't need a mother. I want to be able to take a break without things going to hell.

Thing is, people grow. Sometimes circumstances make you grow in different directions. That sucks.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have everything I want and need but the health issues are getting to me...I keep thinking "for better or worst"

• Casper
    Casper

Same as Mrs. Jones, (except for the health issues... so sorry you both are dealing with such...)

I already have everything I need.

I "require" honesty, dependability and security... along with fun times. I am very touchy freely...so he needed to be that way too, holding hands, hugs...little things of that nature, at home or in public...

He is my rock, I couldn't ask for anything more...

Cas

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

wings - that's exactly what I was looking for. thank you lol

Dinah - I have sat down and thought about what I want. It's something our therapist suggested we do before our next session.

I think two people can grow and change and still be able to keep their marriage.

This is my list -

I want a partner, someone to share things with, spend time with, enjoy all that life has to offer with.

I want honesty, communication, intimacy.

Someone that brings me tea in bed on a Saturday morning from time to time, and I'll do the same.

Someone that "gets" me, laughs with me, not at me.

Someone that respects me for who I am, listens to my thoughts, feelings opinions.

There has to be mutual support in achieving goals and growing as a person.

Is that too much to ask for?

BB

• llbh
    llbh

I want someone who gets me and my sometime quirky ways. Who does not mind a big guy crying in a film or when reading a book. A soul mate.

Sex yes, but more passion and romance.

I love humour too, Someone to connect with and be connected to. Who lets me have my solace when i want it. It helps if they are outgoing because i am.

Regards David

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    laughs with me, not at me.

Amen to that!

momz

• mouthy
    mouthy

Is that too much to ask for?

I think that is not to much to ask for sweetie, but we have to give it to get it...
    Trust is the most important aspect in marriage I believe. If a person is not to be trusted ,I feel he/she doesnt really know real LOVE...
    The open communiction is a definate must. ,telling your partner what you want! weather it be in sex,or everyday living.
    Just an old lady perspective on it. .Your a real beauty Bee . So dont jump in to anything quickly .
    I used to have a exJW support group ,& one thing I learned was, when we are hurting ,we allow the first man/woman who says I love you, then hops into the sack, Most of the men /women that came ( not all) said since leaving the WT they found so many women/men "give in too quickly"
    If it is worth having it is worth waiting for UNTIL men/women/ KNOW each other a lot better

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit