What do you want out of your relationship?

by Bumble Bee 35 Replies latest social relationships

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I want HONESTY and a down to earth person. I'm a Bostonian, and a east coast guy,so someone who'll tell it like it is and where I stand. Later for all the BS. I can't tell you how important those qualities are. While it's true you may meet someone whm don't desire to date,but perhaps be friends...that cool. Be honest.

As far as being down to earth.....I've jumped through quite a few hoops, and rolled around. Spare me. I'm the guy next door,not looking to put on aires and vice versa.

Single,no kids,great job, happy-go-lucky, easy going,now in Texas, 6'2" 205, athletic...I'm available !!!

There ya go, if I don't blow my horn, who will ? LOL

• journey-on
    journey-on

Equality. Free to say what I feel and think, passionately but with respect.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What do you want out of your relationship?

Ok, I'll talk about the only relationship I'm in:

1. I want him to quit chewing up my furniture.
    2. I want him to stop plucking my nosehairs when I'm giving him kisses.

Everything else is good.

W

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

What is it you are looking for in a relationship?
    A man who can let me be ME and not just us.
    A man who can give me the attention I need (I require an hour a day of conversation!)
    Able to communicate and not argue.
    A man who cleaned up after himself.
    Financial stability (I don't want to be a mom but a partner to someone so he must carry his own weight)
    A man to touch me all over. (Some men see no need in rubbing hands all over but I need that!)
    The _____ must be longer than 2 1/2" and be interested in making me "happy".

What do you want the relationship to fulfill for you individually and as a couple?
    family, a shoulder to lean on, someone that will always be there, intimacy

For those that are in long term relationships, how have you accomplished this?
    First was 7 years and I can tell you all that was wrong:
    He was a pig, lazy, was controlling, held secrets, couldn't communicate (so it led to arguments)

2 1/2 years ....
    PERFECT! .. He gives so much but he lets me be me. That makes me want to give a lot and let him be him. All is good!
    I'm just amazed at how much I'm willing to give since he's so giving. It makes a huge difference.

• maxwell
    maxwell
    What is it you are looking for in a relationship?

I have zero interest in marriage or children and it is doubtful if I'll ever want a live in partner again. I'm just not a traditional guy in that way and a few other ways.

But I think I do want other qualities that most people want. I want someone to do things with. I want someone to talk to regularly. I just don't need those things constantly or even everyday, probably. But I do want someone who is dependable. I want to have a primary relationship where we'll both make each other a priority. That's really what I think separates a significant other from the others. Because, in my humble opinion, anything (and I do mean anything) I could do with a girlfriend or wife, I could do with a friend (a few depend on gender and sexual orientation). For me, the question is whether I'll find someone who wants and gets first dibs on my time and the majority of my social/recreational time and vice versa. I'd also like a lifetime commitment.

What do you want the relationship to fulfill for you individually and as a couple?

I think the above things are the foundation for fulfilling mutual needs for companionship and emotional support. I just need to find someone wants a comparable amount of space and freedom.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I want someone who understands who I am and accepts it and loves me for who I am and not what they want me to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit