What do you want out of your relationship?

by Bumble Bee 35 Replies latest social relationships

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I know there have been alot of threads lately about what men want, what women want etc, but I'd like to hear what you want out of your relationship, be it marriage, living together, or whatever.

What is it you are looking for in a relationship?

What do you want the relationship to fulfill for you individually and as a couple?

For those that are in long term relationships, how have you accomplished this?

BB

• wings
    wings

good question BB.....let me think about it, and I'll be back.

• .JH
    .JH

I want to be able to kiss her belly while she purrs

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well, to be honest, I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment, just some cheap and superficial sex with no strings attached or dealing with my/her hangups.

Of course, there will come a day when I meet the next 'significant other' and all that will change. Until then,.....

• BFD
    BFD

I don't know. I guess I would like someone to "get" me. Problem is half the time I don't even "get" myself.

Guess that's why I've been single for 5 years!

BFD

• flipper
    flipper

BUMBLE BEE- Great thread ! You probably knew I'd comment on this ! LOL!

Well, Mrs. Flipper and I have been together almost 2 and a half years - and we both before had relationships with people who were " users" ; in other words were not very GIVING in a relationship , but were great at TAKING from us in a relationship. That is what my wife and I found in each other that was different from others we had been with ! She really has my best interests at heart and proves it with how she treats me ;and the reverse is true ( she tells me ) about how I look for her best interests and enjoy pleasing her too ! So, unless both parties enjoy giving to the other, not just taking, it usually won't last.

I have found someone I enjoy being with lots and lots, and she feels the same towards me too. We have many things in common, which we both were looking for , love the blues and rock music, have the same values in treating other people with respect and honor, love hiking in the mountains together, love listening to live music and dancing, love playing Scrabble , love animals both of us, and physical intimacies as well ! We both love that naturally. We don't make big issues out of small issues ! Don't sweat the small stuff ! Life is challenging enough without bitching at each other about every little thing , ie. how the frigging toothpaste tube is squeezed - you get my point.

E- Harmony.com was how we met. And they match you up on 29 points of familiarity . Lots of questions about personal things which are important to know about someone you want to wake up next to every morning. And a BIG HUGE thing which brings success in my opinion is having a great SENSE of HUMOR ! My wife and I both understand our quirky - a$$ sense of humor - even if others don't ! We aren't out to impress others , just each other . And that my friend is what counts. So- these are just a few things Bumble Bee- if you'd like to hear more feel free to PM me anytime , and I'll reveal more ! Take care, and good luck to you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Look forward to your response wings.

Twitch, cheap and meaningless sex is easy to be had, but it really does leave you with an empty feeling. I'd like to hear what you are looking for, when you want to finally start looking.

I guess I would like someone to "get" me. Problem is half the time I don't even "get" myself.

I'd like that too, BFD, and for the most part I do "get myself". I've done alot of growing in the last three months, and it hasn't been easy, and I think the hard part is still to come.

I hope you find someone that "gets" you, you are a wonderful person and deserve that.

JH - your kitty is a lucky gal! lol

mrflipper - I knew I could count on you for an insightful answer. You and mrs flipper seem to have it together.

BB

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I want trust. I don't want to be lied to. I want a partner in everything. I want passion and romance. I want to connect on a deep level. Things in common yet space to grow. I want to laugh and enjoy silly things like the sunset with a glass of wine. I want to cook together and learn new recipes. I want make-up sex without the fighting. And I want to be given gifts out of love, not as an apology.

momz

• oompa
    oompa

and damm you canadians!

twitch: Well, to be honest, I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment, just some cheap and superficial sex with no strings attached or dealing with my/her hangups.

motherflukin awful to post stuff like this...you and momzcrazy...and she aint even a canadian.......dammm

And I just want to be able to be real...and share the same friends.....but noooooooooooooooo...mine are evil dammit....even my next door flukin neighbors??????????????

so while i am dreaming...I would rather you like to ride your own bike (motorcycle) instead of always being on my back seat dammit.........oompa

• asilentone
    asilentone

I want someone to cook for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit