Cigars

by besty 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

On my recent trip to South America I brought back some really great cigars, Ecuadorian wrapper is a fine leaf, I do agree that there is a bit too much hype over Cuban cigars, I've had some good ones like Fonseca, Romeo & Juilita, and Cohiba but there are some like Flor de Jalapa, Sauza, and Patel that are really great and a lot less.

• tinker
    tinker

I went to see Ringo and His All Star Band last week, outside on the lawn type venue. There was a smoking area with picnic tables,it was packed full. Everybody EVERYBODY, men and women were smoking cigars. I wanted to join em sooo bad. Alas, with the hubby and he does not partake. Our friend the yacht builder agrees about Cuban's, not consistent. Like you said, good to know, now we won't worry about missing out.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Nvr turned me on to these.

Tatiana, Night Cap.

Flavored with vanilla, almonds - Cafe' Arabica - Criollo Cocoa.

It's like smoking a chocolate cake!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi Andre! How are you?

I didn't think fast enough to order online...I've only smoked three I think. I like the dark, complex ones so far.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll print it out and take it to the tobacco shop.

(Hi Tinker!)

• Dagney
    Dagney

Tatiana, Night Cap.

Flavored with vanilla, almonds - Cafe' Arabica - Criollo Cocoa.

It's like smoking a chocolate cake!

Alrighty then, that sounds good also. Can you get them in a regular shop?

• trevor
    trevor

Have never been a smoker but I do enjoy a good cigar in the open air on a hot day.

• marmot
    marmot

I agree that cuban quality control sucks. I bought a 5-pack of Jose Piedro Cremas and, granted, they are on the cheap end of the spectrum but you simply cannot get a consistent smoke from one to the next. The first one was so tight you could barely draw on it without looking like a complete fool trying to suck a golfball through a garden hose - to quote the great Sgt.(ret) Lee R. Ermey - but the next one puffed away merrily and provided quite an enjoyable smoke.

My problem is that there aren't many places around me that sell good cigars, or the places that do carry them don't store them properly in a humidor, and I don't have a humidor of my own to revive them. Before anyone mentions it, yes I've tried the plastic bag trick but I didn't like the results. I guess I just have to man up and finally get myself a humidor. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit