Cigars

by besty 36 Replies latest jw friends

• amicus
    amicus

It's a bit off topic, but the Curchill remark reminds me of a few things I read recently about him.

In one of his political sessions an American female diplomat remarked to him, "Sir, if I was your wife...I would poison your coffee." He immediately responded, "Madam, if you were my wife...I would drink it."

The other Churchill tidbit (new to me recently) was that when he, when confronted by one of the many difficult decisions of his career would go out back of the government building and lay brick that had been placed for him. After laying a few courses of brick he was able to come to a solution to the most serious of decisions. An aid was retained to dismantle the wall he had built, chip the mortar off the brick and restack it until the next political crisis arrived.

• besty
    besty

ahhh Churchill...

I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place.

The WTS have taken the latter part of his advice to heart, but are somewhat recalcitrant to the former.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Interesting Amicus....had heard the coffee story, not the brick laying....rather inique way to solve problems.....wonder how well he laid his courses?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Cherry cigars aren't too bad - the others make me cough, splutter - so nothing sexy about that. Plus I'm more of a whiskey girl - on the rocks thanks.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Me too Lou, I love my whiskey. Is this our song?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PP3L5w8dphM

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Try Sancho Panza sometime, it is great for the price. That is mostly what I buy.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=197

Is there more to life than friends, lovers, brandy and hand rolled Cuban companions?

No there isn't, unless you mean scotch.

BTS

• lrkr
    lrkr

BTS-

I don't agree with your politics usually, but I'd gladly enjoy a hand rolled and a scotch with you and try to solve the problems of the world.....

Lrkr

• tinker
    tinker

Hello out there......is LowKey, er, Breck anywhere in the vicinity? He is the man to ask about scotch and cigars. I'd like to know what the fuss is about Cuban's? How are they different from a Dominican or others? I haven't much experience with cigars but those I have tried, really very enjoyable. The 'Men Only' clubs are a thing of the past. The ladies have acquired a taste for the finer things of life and we want a place at the bar.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Yep, I love sitting out by the pool after the house is quiet in the Florida night air. The salt air coming in off of the Gulf...a glass of scotch and a nice cigar. Life is good. (although, most of the cuban cigars are just average. When Castro came in, most of the really good cigar makers and growers left. Now a good Nicaraguan is something to look forward to. I just enjoyed a nice Rocky Patel Honduran Reserve....a wonderful smoke.)

Even my wife loves the smell of my cigars. In fact, she brought back a box of cigars from New Orleans. There was a shop she found where they ...according to her...."roll them on the virgin thigh of a young latin lady".

What a gal.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I don't agree with your politics usually, but I'd gladly enjoy a hand rolled and a scotch with you and try to solve the problems of the world.....

People are different in person, and scotch and a cigar unleashes the inner genius.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit