Cigars

by besty 36 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

A nice Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage with some Glenfarclas Cask Strength...

that could lead to lasting friendship.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It all started...apostafest Toronto.

Then visiting Tucson, a gentleman when hearing I wanted to try a good cigar promptly got up and brought me a http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=255 . Lovely.

So I order these and another one he recommended, Carlos Torano (I think) to share with my bf when visiting. We were going to try them during a picnic, gazing at the Pacific, before going to meet new apostafriends for dinner. Luckily, I forgot the lighter in the car, because we were slightly worried about meeting new friends...didn't want to scare them by smelling like a smoke house. We wanted to make somewhat of a good impression....lol.

We ended up lighting them up on the way to Santa Barbara, at sunset, in Rincon. Double lovely. **sigh**

• Currientology
    Currientology

I was disappointed by the Cubans. Too much hype I guess...
    I find others to be equally as good if not better.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I was disappointed by the Cubans. Too much hype I guess...
    I find others to be equally as good if not better.

You are correct, and I say this as a Cuban-American. Cuban cigar quality control sucks. You could get a great cigar one time, and the next one sucks. I get them contraband in Miami or when I go to the Bahamas. The stuff coming out of Honduras, the D.R. etc. is actually better. Communist quality control sucks and Cuba is basically trading on its reputation these days. The product isn't what it used to be.

BTS

• tinker
    tinker

Cheers to our newest Bad Habit.

I really don't consider it smoking, more of an indulgence. And I agree w/single malt scotch is best.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Macanudos!!

Good smoke!

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Cuban cigar quality control sucks. You could get a great cigar one time, and the next one sucks. I get them contraband in Miami or when I go to the Bahamas. The stuff coming out of Honduras, the D.R. etc. is actually better. Communist quality control sucks and Cuba is basically trading on its reputation these days. The product isn't what it used to be.

Okay. Good to know. I was worried I was missing something wonderful. I hate that.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I like the smell of cigars - go figure. A group of girlfriends and I went out to this place in DC, which is a cigar lounge and we "dared" to order some and it was great fun. Just about every man that walked through the door tried to pick us up - just a fun night. Nothing I would do regularly, but not bad for a fun night out with the gals.

• besty
    besty

Lots of good advice here - wouldn't expect anything else..:-)

Tonight was Sam's birthday and we had a lovely meal at Boa on Sunset Blvd - our fellow diners deserve their own thread LOL

Anyway on topic ...I have just enjoyed a Churchills Romeo y Julieta and a fat glass of Christians <yes really> Brandy

Happy Birthday SweetPea!!!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bttt

What's anybody smoking?

I'm going to sin city this week so I thought I might work another sin in while I'm there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit