What makes someone so sure...

by loosie 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie, the Blue Platypus is a false god.

BLASPHEMY!!!! MAY THE ALMIGHTY PLATYPUS LAY AN EGG OF FORGIVENESS FOR YOU!

I have a FSM magnet on my file cabinet at work. No one has any idea what it is.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If god is as he appears (if you believe he exists) then he truly is selective in who he saves and who he doesn't. At the time this child was injured, I guarantee that on the other side of town a child was being abused, molested, dying of cancer or some other horrible sickness. I could go on and on. No matter how many times I raise this issue, no one that says they believe in god can offer an explanation. You just must "have faith."

I was a JW for 25 years, and truly all of those years I could not come to terms with this issue. We were taught that he is a loving god...but gee, somebody has to suffer, even babies and children so they can appreciate living in the new system!! NO THANKS!!

• StAnn
    StAnn

This is the best explanation I can come up with off the top of my head.

I believe there are things in this world that we don't want to talk about. Namely, evil, sin, and free will. I do believe there is a devil and he causes evil to happen in the world. People get to choose to do evil or to do good. Unfortunately, if God intervened every time someone did something evil to someone else, then He would be taking away the free will and the choice from the one doing evil. So, horrible as it sounds, if we don't want to be automatons with every move controlled by God, i.e., if we want to be able to have free will, we have to know that some people are going to make poor choices that affect others negatively.

Evil exists. I can't look around my world and think it doesn't. Good exists. I can't look around my world and think it doesn't. God gave the angels free will and some of them abused it. God gave humans free will and some of them abuse it. It's the way things are. It sucks, but it's the way things are. IMO.

StAnn

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I like your explanation StAnn, and if God did everything for us, we would become lazy and dependant. Free Will, it's just not for Baptist's anymore.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Perhaps he has a plan for this boy, maybe he will grow up to be president someday. Outside of the rapture, we all will face death someday, even this boy. So in the end it is pointless to try to out think God.

If God wanted this boy to be saved because he had a plan for him, why not just whisper to the kid "do not step on the mason jar!" You know that old saying, "an ounce of prevention". God being omnisicent and all, you would just expect him to be a little more efficient! Also, why put the thought in the neigbours head to "take out the trash". Why not put the thought in his head to "go save the bleeding kid outside". God is always so vague and low-key nowadays! Not like those attention grabbing miracles of yester year. Cog

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Who is to say the kid would even have listened? After all he is just a kid. Kids don't even listen to their parents 1/2 of the time.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I like your explanation StAnn, and if God did everything for us, we would become lazy and dependant. Free Will, it's just not for Baptist's anymore.

Yeah, just think how lazy and dependent all those starving, raped and tortured children and women in war torn countries would be if God came to their aid. Nothing makes some one pull themselves up by their bootstraps and make something of themselves like a little intelligence destroying starvation and psychological trauma. God is so wise!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Who is to say the kid would even have listened? After all he is just a kid. Kids don't even listen to their parents 1/2 of the time.

Who is to say the neighbour man would have listened? My husband doesn't even listen to me YELLING at him to take out the trash 99% of the time!

• loosie
    loosie

I agree Cog. Maybe the kid has to feel some pain to appreciate the good. LOL

How about this for an explaination? The subconscience of the lady who took out the trash knew something was going on. So the subconscience talk her into takign out the trash. Therefore her noticing the child needing help.

The subconscience works in mysterious ways.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    How about being able to put up with so much crap by Atheists and still remain sober and still retain my beliefs and morals without cracking.

Truly, sanity is open to subjective interpretation, just like the Bible!

ps: "Atheist" should not be capitalized. We're not gods you know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit