Children Who Leave Always Come Back to the Society

by ataloa 47 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a jw urban myth...most don't come back.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

yeah i personally know a young gal that got re-instated simply so her parents would talk with her. it wasn't more than a few weeks after re-instatement she stopped attending everything again.

funny thing is - the parents now talk to her. she's still leaving her life completely the same as before but simply because she has been assigned a certain label of "in" or "out" it constitutes permission or not for her parents - not who she is as a person - not that there is any reason a parent should not talk to their kids...but you know what i'm saying.

Morph

• blondie
    blondie
    Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/743/united-states-religion

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I too wish there was some statistics on this. I think way back before the internet and support groups for xjws that yes many went back.

I did. I was disfellowshiped when I was 18, was raised in the "truth". I went back when I was 29 because I thought it might be the truth and I didn't want my babies to die at Armageddon. I faded after 7 years as I was not getting the love or encouragement needed from the Org. I would never go back again.

Velvetann

• changeling
    changeling

I would think that's true for those who still believe it's "the truth" even if they haven't managed to play by the rules. These are the most pitiable people of all.

changeling :)

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I'm not so sure about that. I know MANY people who left when they were young (my brother being one of them) and almost none of them ever went back.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

When you are of the mentality that it is the truth, and that YOU are the one with the damn problem, then it is no surprise that you would find yourself wanting to re-ingratiate yourself with them.

If you find out the truth about the truth, then there can be a different ending to the story.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I think this is selective memory. People will remember the ones who do return, and forget about the ones who don't. So as far as THEIR MEMORY goes, yes, the always return.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well I was raised as one and never to be back

• oompa
    oompa

Bull$hit!........my poor 17 year old son tried four hard months to get back in...and he even appealed the DF!!!! How could these idiots not realize that it is hard enough to keep a dub in....so if any wanna stay in that bad.....do the forgive 77 times thing...show MERCY....you damn judgemental bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........i did not shun him but his mom did a bit.....

A long time ago...I started to become an elder just so I could be on every committee I could.....and nix every possible df unless there was a really horrible obnoxious prick that needed to be euthanized

He woke up in just four months and will NEVER come back you stupid @sshole elders!!!! Glad you think this was showing a kid love! It sure helped me in my wake up process.

My son is part of an all DF band and part of a nearly all DF community! It is a freakin cult almost!....they love me..........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit