Children Who Leave Always Come Back to the Society

by ataloa 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ataloa
    ataloa

I heard this in a car group one day. A young single mother said she always heard that growing up. When she left she was adamant she would never be back, and now here she was.

Is this true for the most part?

If so, is it true for other religions?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Without financial independance it's extremely difficult to defy your parent's moral authority. Exceptions are rare or end up in a disaster.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I wish there were statistics on this. I was DF'd and no matter what I did I always felt that it was "DA TROOF"

I went back, and even got my "worldly" husband to 'study'.....did everything I could to get back into the fold. I wasn't reinstated a year before I saw the hypocrasy and left for good. That was 13 years ago.

• chickpea
    chickpea

my older kids were one and four
    when my assimilation began....
    the other 2 were born-ins....

i will bet my life that NONE of them
    will ever cross the threshold of a KH
    for the rest of their natural lives!

of course, it helps that the 'rents
    have realized what they seemed
    to know all along.... that the truth
    about the troof is that it is a stinking
    crock of crap......

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I have seen many df and work hard to be reinstated. Straight after they start a fade. I think a lot who are df only work towards reinstatement so they can reestablish family ties before leaving again.

Mickey.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet that it is because children are programmed to depend on the Washtowel Slaveholdery. They are set up with no social skills, no job hunting skills, and the idea that the Washtowel Slaveholdery is the only place to be. Making staying out and functioning properly just about impossible.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would imagine in the past that many (more than half) still believed it was
    da troof. But I would also imagine that only a small percentage of them
    started studying or got reinstated if they completely cut the tie with WTS.

They would have to refer to the ones who simply stopped going and still
    tried to live by the general moral standards (or tried to get back to living by
    those standards after having a wild time) to say that they "always" come
    back.

Today, all bets are in the opposite direction. If someone leaves at a young
    enough age, they would learn something about WTS (the UN, Ray Franz, the
    pedophile issue, changing doctrine, Beth Sarim, ban on education) through
    the internet or through other people. A slim margin would go back because
    they avoided such "apostate" information, and gave up their life of debauchery.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As a teenager, i drifted away from the wt for a yr or so, and then went back. I stayed a good dub for the following 25 yrs.

S

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    I have seen many df and work hard to be reinstated. Straight after they start a fade. I think a lot who are df only work towards reinstatement so they can reestablish family ties before leaving again.

I agree with Mickey. All of my relatives that were ever DF'd did this exact thing. Got reinstated and faded within a year. We have lots of large family get togethers with non-JW family and it seems horrible to them that some family can't attend because they were DF'd by JWs.

When told why a few folks were not at a family reunion, one of my country non-JW cousins said "Sh*t, everybody sins. Even y'all eljers (thats how she pronounces elders), trust me, they sin too, ain't nobody that holy. Sh***********t, you can't kick nobody out no church. Thats God's house." The JWs in the family always get upset and start into Jehovah holy spirit, blah, blah, blah. Then the JWs pressure the DF'd folks to get reinstated because it brings reproach on Jehovah's name because the non-JW relatives don't understand, blah, blah, blah.

It can get to be a little crazy. That's why I decided not to DA.

Outside of my family, I know several born-ins that left many years ago and never came back. Most went back to school, started a whole new life and are doing quite well for themselves. When I would see them, they would always either speak or smile. And their parents are always bragging about their accomplishments.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

According to my mother, only the mentally ill and the morally deficient leave.

So if I take some meds and clean up my life, Jehovah will smile upon me once again.

My contrition will be seen by all as a humble admission that Jehovah's people are the indeed the happiest of all people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit