Children Who Leave Always Come Back to the Society

by ataloa 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I had a very devout, zealous sister explain the "They Always Come Back" thing to me. She told me that the organization was a mental trap. When you "learn about the truth", you know that it is right and you want to worship God in his organization. But, it is very hard to be a JW, so you want to leave. When you leave, you know that you really should be a JW, because it is right, so you make your way back.

In other words, you are brainwashed by the JW organization in such a way that even in the likely event of your leaving, you will always feel uneasy or experience guilt about no longer being a JW. These feelings force people to go back.

• logic
    logic

The majority of the jws I knew as a teenager left when they became of age, and never came back. That was over 40 years ago Maybe it's just a long, long road back.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I was raised in, well "in the vicinity of" since they would never dunk me.

I know I will go back to the KH one day.

But, only for my mom's funeral, and I'll have the extra-loud cat-back pipes on my apostatruck by then.

And I'll be getting the hell outta there as soon as I've shown mom my respects, not stating one second longer.

I SURE ain't drinking any of the refreshments!

RD

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

THERE ARE STATISTICS on this in a thread from about 3 years ago.

A CO was quoted as saying that of the huge numbers of young ones who leave, only a small percentage of them come back.

Something like 85% leave before they are 20, and of those less than 5% return permanently.

The haemorraging of the young is why the Witchtower has put in place its anti education, anti independent research, anti question, anti entertainment, anti small group study policies.

It is desperate to stop the young questioning or doubting. And by encouraging early baptism, makes them subject to the threat of family rejection.

HB

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

The people who leave and then come back never stop believing it. They are just as brainwashed, but in exile. Then they come back and tell all the dubs how awful the world is, contributing to more fear and brainwashing. But in reality, they never left, and their negative experiences were self-imposed.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    Who can blame them when they have the Volumes locked up in the police station(KH Libraries) and are only to be venerated rather than actually read.

Good point freydi.

• willyloman
    willyloman

It has the same chance of being true as this supposedly "true" statement: "JWs who leave the truth never amount to anything in the world."

I heard that for years; found out later it's bogus. Some do great, some do not. Suspect it's the same with the kids that leave. Some stay out. Some come back. What you experience in this regard has to do with where your head is at. If you leave and are happy with your decision, you're aware that many others are in the same boat as you. On the other hand....

• mind my own
    mind my own

It is quite common. Being that JW's live a very sheltered life, it is difficult for them to adjust to the "world". And a lot of people cannot handle being shunned by their family. It is tough!

When I left, I remember I didn't have one single friend b/c I would not associate with anyone who was "worldly" before I left the religeon. My first friend was a guy from work who I hung out with. His name was Costa, he was a great guy! I gradually made friends from there but it was a tough few years...all the friends I have now are true friends though b/c they like me for me, not b/c I belong to the same cult as them.

I remember when I was still in, the majority of young people that got disfellowshipped always came back. Even if it was just to lead a double life!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit