Elder in my old hall is DFed – wow!

by Alexia 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great story. It is really wonderful that he finally overcame his cult training and loyalty
    and stuck by his daughter. I am sure she already forgave him for the past.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I'm sorry that DF doesn't sound right. He was protecting his daughter. Any person in their right frame of mind would have done the same.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

aha but you miss the point..

he wasnt df-ed for defending his daughter

he was df-ed for defending his df-ed daughter

thats a big no-no.(and in point of fact, not too easy to say either)

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

That story made my blood boil!

I can picture it all too well, and if it had been me, they never would have found that asshole.

I readily admit that I don't handle that stuff well, demons of my past and all.

I have a code word with my daughter only she and I know that means "I am in harms way and being prevented from telling you openly"

It's my cue to cave in the face of whomever she's with.

Man, that got me boiling, I swear to God, that guy would have died right there if it had been me and I saw him hurting my little girl.

Just saying is all.

RD

• calico
    calico

Wish I had a dad like that! Instead of a big-mouthed wimp!

• flipper
    flipper

Very good to see this elder dad finally showing support to his daughter. If that had happened to my daughters from their witness husbands- I swear they'd have to put me behind bars after I was through with them

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

It's a little off topic, but I remember an elder in Virginia that was DF'd for punching another Elder in the parking lot of the KH.

I may be a little off on the details (they may not have been elders, maybe only MS), but the one guy was a real jerk that nobody liked (I think his name was Sonny), and he was mouthing off . So the other guy (His name was Fletcher) punched him and knocked him out. He was DF'd, and everyone was sad because he was well liked and the guy he punched wasn't.

Funny stuff.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When you respond based on emotions, understandable, you usually get screwed. He should have called the cops and waited for them to come. Obviously he interrupted the action. I'm sure the husband would have not touched her again now that Dad was at the door. The cops would have arrested the pig and Daddy could have taken her home without charges pending and money having to be paid to evil hubby. It's easy to say this, but harder to put it in practice. My Dad, not a JW, was in my sister's house when her husband slapped my mom's face. My Dad wanted to splatter the guys face but held it in and went outside. Cops called, came and took his ass away. It can be done. Not easy. Glad he gave the guy a little worldly thumping! W.Once

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

That's a bit naive really.

If daddy hadn't come busting in and broke the husband's face, how could daughter have REALLY believed it was safe to standup against the hubby?

hese abusers mess with your head, they make you feel like you have no other place to go and here was dad at the door, but she was DF'd and probably felt she had no right to expect her dad to support her.

Sad, but thats what happens when cult-think intersects with abuser mind-boink.

So daddy calls the cops, wife tidies up, and still under the power of a man who has NOT been beaten down in front of her, says she walked into a door.

They always do.

At least until they are on Fox news, missing, that is.

As a dad, i would take no chances that this guy could hang on to her, I'd take him down.

RD

• TD
    TD

You can probably guess why the elder is DFed now.

So the husband ended up in the hospital with a broken jaw and cracked ribs. Elder briefly went to jail and was DF for kicking the crap out of that guy and “bringing reproach”.

Father and daughter are close again (she and the baby moved in with him) so there is a good ending at least.

I don't even know the guy and I like him already.

If it was my daughter, I'm afraid I would have gone to jail for a long, long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit