Elder in my old hall is DFed – wow!

by Alexia 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I would have one the same thing maybe worse.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So the husband ended up in the hospital with a broken jaw and cracked ribs. Elder briefly went to jail and was DF for kicking the crap out of that guy and “bringing reproach”.

Father and daughter are close again (she and the baby moved in with him) so there is a good ending at least.

No wonder they didn't simply reprove him or demote him...they can't have an elder with balls on the body!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

That's BS for them to DF him for defending his daughter!!!

He did what any man, that is a real man, would have done....

Well, at least two good things came out of it. He is out of the org now & has a relationship with his daughter again!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Good for him, and the usual shame on this typical, busy body BOE.

I knew an elder, David Tennant, now deceased, who came into his house with his wife. There was an intruder there, and the guy grabbed Dave's wife. Dave came in, saw what was happening, a from what I understand, laid a serious beating on the guy. Dave was a mason, and I'm sure he was capable of it.

I couldn't believe it that the elders actually met with him about it!

My view is that you have to decide at some point that a life is in danger, and for me that point is when someone comes into my or someone's I'm responsible for space with a bad purpose. I will do what I have to to get you out of that space and to end the danger.

S4

• restrangled
    restrangled

There is nothing finer than a man who takes care of business, especially that kind of business!

r.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm guessing he wasn't DFd for the action against the abusing husband but maybe for the subsequent "bad attitude" when the judicial committee meeting met.

Apparently he had decided to reconcile with his daughter. That would be cause for a Judicial Committee meeting. And if was adamant about supporting his daughter and showed no repentance for his action of associating with a DFd person, then he would find himself DFd.

Granted I'm assuming some things, but if that is this case, this shows how fucked up the pharisaical rules of the Watchtower Society are.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Let me guess, they disfellowshipped him for not, "turning the other check," while his daugher was getting the sh*t kicked out of her???

Oh yeah, that whole "bring reproach against Jehovah's name" excuse can be used in just about any situation, for anything. It is the end all be all of lame sins and/or excuses for a JC to use.

F 'em!!!

Wing Commander

• ninja
    ninja

if he does join...remember me not to annoy him....he he

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

i have a hard time believing this elder was df'ed for simply defending his daughter. I've known of similar situations where elders/ms's did the same thing and it was never an issue. There were probably other factors involved of which you are not aware...

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

He threw the first punch making for assault charges being laid by the a##hole no doubt..and since the police were involved that says it all

as far as the elders are concerned.

The ba##ard deserved everybit of it......I'd have done the same thing to him woman or not....

h4o (class of sorry for my violent thoughts today ) but......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit