Elder in my old hall is DFed – wow!

by Alexia 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alexia
    Alexia

I ran into an old friend spontaneously over the weekend. (One of the few JWs I actually considered a friend back in the day). We were briefly catching up and she mentioned an elder in my old hall is now DFed. I’ve known this guy for over 15 years and he was straight as an arrow and I bothered to ask why.

His young daughter (20) was DFed, moved out when she was 17 had a baby and eventually married the guy (not a JW). Father and daughter stopped talking after she moved out. A “worldly” acquaintance of the elder who also knew the couple took him aside and told him that he suspects that his daughter is being physically abused buy this guy.

He decided pay them a surprise visit with the assumption that he was just going to talk to them or have the police over if he suspects abuse. He brought some magazines and publications with him. When he went up to the door, he heard screaming and sounds of physical struggle coming from the house. He knocked on the door and the husband answered with blood on his right hand and saw his daughter in the back with a bloody (broken) nose. The husband slammed the door in his face and told him to get the F out.

You can probably guess why the elder is DFed now.

So the husband ended up in the hospital with a broken jaw and cracked ribs. Elder briefly went to jail and was DF for kicking the crap out of that guy and “bringing reproach”.

Father and daughter are close again (she and the baby moved in with him) so there is a good ending at least.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt is so full of *(&^&$^#$&^%$#$%#^)(*_!@#!! >;Z

S

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

At least something good came out of it. He learned the "truth". Glad to hear stories like this

Velvetann

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Finally an elder with some Cojones! I hope he comes to visit us here at JWD. Perhaps you might invite him?

Oh, I love happy endings...

NMG

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Cannot see why that would lead to d/f ...I suppose he was unlucky enough to be prosecuted ...No sensible person would doubt that he did the right and honorable thing for his daughter..

Some years back in Congo, our P.Overseer {a big man who made his living building and plumbing) was at home and heard a noise outside . He looked out to see some tearaway vandalising his car. Brother P O waded in with a choice message and fists flew . He did not do so well in the fight and had his hand in plaster and arm in a sling for a week or two.

It was a big joke in the congregation . P O Brother was a bit sheepish about getting hurt, but had no remorse about hitting him (why should he}

The Organisation is not what it used to be..........

• sacolton
    sacolton

"Does it not warm your heart?"

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

He can be an elder in my congregation.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I doubt they would have actually DFd him unless he got mad at the elders in the committee meeting, and told them to go to hell. Which I would have done myself if I had to listen to them tell me I could not defend my own child. This would give them the excuse "that he was not repentent". I would just guess that if he managed to say he was sorry they should have let this slide.

There is also the obvious secondary factor of long-standing beefs with some of the other elders: I usually saw actual DFings on such questionable things were mitigated by the obvious fact that a couple of power elites were out to get the guy for personal reasons. Or maybe a hostile CO?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

There's an elder who is a man first and elder, second apparently. Good for him! Every bit of jail time and the disfellowshipping are well worth the few minutes it took him to whip that guy's ass.

• caliber
    caliber

I understand the elders decision of DF.ing "bringing reproach" but what normal loving father could have walked

away or just waited for the police ? How could he allow this situation to last even one minute longer ?

No law is greater than a fathers love. But yes good came of the situation thank goodness ; it reminds me of the whole

DF and DA policy ,to expect love of God (WT.) to be greater than maternal love !

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit