Elder in my old hall is DFed – wow!

by Alexia 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

doubt they would have actually DFd him unless he got mad at the elders in the committee meeting, and told them to go to hell. Which I would have done myself if I had to listen to them tell me I could not defend my own child. Thanks James, That is exactly what I was thinking. In 1996, shortly after my wife died, my daughter told me that she was ending her marriage. Her JW husband was a complete a$$! The elders came to my home to try to get me to influence her to stay with this jerk because, in their words....."How would this look to others"? "A divorce would bring reproach on the congregation". They pi$$ed me off real bad beacause they didn't care a bit what my daughter was going through so I threw them out of my house....using a few expletives. I also happened a second time. I thought for sure they would try to hang me for that but nothing ever happened. Guess it depends on the cong. Then I left the cong. and went to another. It still took me a few years to see through the fog and finally leave. Me and my daughter are both happy now. HappyDad Why does this post totally running together? Is it because I'm using a Mac?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What I wouldn't have given for my dad to do that. Instead, he said I made my own bed and now I had to lie in it.

Screw that, I snuck out while my husband was at work.

I'm very happy that this man put his daughter first. That's a real daddy.

lisa

• chickpea
    chickpea

this rationale of the b0rg to "save face" and bring no reproach
    at THE COST OF ONE'S CHILDREN was the penultimate reason that
    finally and for all time convinced me that i was officially a fader and could
    never again sit in the indoctrination sessions and listen to the trashing
    the b0rg does on anyone and anything that is "not them"

i cannot imagaine any father not wanting to protect his own child.....
    any man not so motivated shouldn't be procreating!

• Alexia
    Alexia

I think there were some anger and a “bad attitude” at the meeting. My guess is the elders probably told him he should have called the cops (eye roll). This was clearly not the situation to wait around, look for a phone (if he didn’t have a cell in his pocket) and wait for the police to show up. The elder is former black belt so I guess that helped with the a$$ beating.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Wow good for him! Glad he and his daughter are close now.

MMO

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

This elder likely got disfellowshipped for "fits of anger." It's rare, but people have been disfellowshipped for it.

• oompa
    oompa

I am sooooooo dissapointed in this elder/dad. Cracked ribs and a broken jaw??? That's all??? Sounds like he won the fight....so why no crushed testicles???? Snapped fingers at every joint???? Cmon here man this is your daughter!!

Alexia....PLEASE tell me he was not prosecuted....PLEASE! And if you can get some specifics on the EXACT reason he got df'd....I would like to hear it....thanks for a great story.....now I am off to rent a Charles Bronson vigilante movie......oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One less hounder. Hopefully he will never go back, and that will make it that much harder for them to carry out their Waste of Paper Distribution Campaigns and to give all their parts at boasting sessions.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***The congregation lost a fine shepherd the day he was disfellowshipped.***

BULLSHITE! Mr. elder chose his "privileges" with the Borg over his own flesh-and-blood when he abandoned his teen daughter.

He had to be informed by a "worldly" person about her and her child's violent living conditions.

Where the EFF was he in the interim? Did he give a flying f*ck about his DF'd daughter or his grandchild? NO. Not at all. They were "spiritually dead."

And when he shows up? With what: Magazines! That's simply retarded.

This guy is no hero. He's the typical, wretched example of JW parenting. Borg first, children must serve the Borg or be kicked out and fend for themselves.

He simply got a wake-up call and responded. That's a nice start.

Just don't be surprised if he's back at meetings soon, bowing and scraping to be reinstated.

I'm somewhat shocked you're all sticking up for this guy, since NONE of this could have transpired if he hadn't put the Borg before his daughter in the first place.

~Sue

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Betterdaze I agree with you, where was this "great elder" this whole time, while his daughter was suffering? He finally did something, but I'll bet he starts going back to meetings too, and trying to drag the daughter along with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit