Ever Since I Stopped Speaking to My Parents and Sister...

by cognac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

Hi Cognac,

I'm glad you're doing better. This is actually something I'm going through now too, Parents aren't speaking to me. Even though it's only been a week (this time), they've gone for several months at a time without speaking to me before, mostly because of my not attending meetings. I've had the same experience, and while it's sad that I feel less stressed and worn out when I don't talk to them, I know that the relationship is toxic to me. Some people are just bad for us, even though we may love them. Just be you, and live a happy life. It's their loss and I hope they realize what they're missing out on and stop being so petty.

-SFF

• mouthy
    mouthy

Your post was a sight for sore eyes.

But I too have to say WONDERFUL news that you quit the booze. BUT darling do check with the DR about quitting the meds....
    I am so happy for you. Isnt it sad we have to lose part of our family to retrieve our minds back ((((HUGS)))

Keep up the good work

• DJK
    DJK

Two years after leaving the witnesses, I stopped biting my nails, pulling hair out of its roots, talking backwards and the visible shake in my hands disappeared.

Your experience's sound all too familiar to me.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Cognac I am so happy you are feeling so much better Stress is not a good thing and your situation was stressful.

Hugs from Velvetann

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks everybody!

About the meds. It's supposed to be taken as needed. If I don't feel like I need to take it, I don't have to... The Dr. said that was fine.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    as needed

Well, then. THREE CHEERS

• chickpea
    chickpea

your telling bears out what is becoming
    more and more evident to me as more
    time accumulates between this present moment
    and the insidious parasitic mind-controlled
    submission to the b0rg...

it IS incredibly sad to know that all that
    stops your family from being able to
    accept the fact that EVERYONE'S life
    has moments of change and redirection
    is their affiliation with a cult....
    so sad indeed....

it is heartening to hear that YOU
    are making the kind of progress
    that will ultimately make you
    whole and healthy, body/mind/spirit

• White Dove
    White Dove

Cognac,

I am so happy for you! Maybe you'll have to change your name, now You sound so much better now than you did before.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Well as someone born and raised in the 617...now 617/781 I'm especially happy to hear you're doing better. Cheers !!!!!!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

What's 617/781 mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit