Ever Since I Stopped Speaking to My Parents and Sister...

by cognac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I haven't needed to take my PTSD meds.

I've quit drinking altogether.

I stopped drinking coffee (Just decaf)

I'm eating a lot healthier

I just feel a lot more calm and so much happier its not even funny...

I know that I've had to stop taking my meds a lot because I haven't had to deal with them, not sure if the other things have anything to do with it or not... I just think it's a bit sad that I feel so much happier with them out of my life... I feel like I can grow as a person so much more. I don't feel like I'm this terrible, awful person who just can't do anything right... I don't feel like I'm stupid... I don't feel like I'm constantly being interrogated... I don't feel like I'm always under a microscope and being judged...

That is just really sad that this is the way things are...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Cognac,

I'm glad that you're sorting things out and have seen some positive results in your life. Others on this board (in past years) have also commented on how they recovered physically or got rid of depression after taking control of their life (rather than yielding to a family or an organization, or both).

It's sad that that your parents and sister cannot accept you without conditions, but it's their loss. You'd be a good child or sister to have, under usual circumstances. But when people choose to view you through a warped lens, they will not see or appreciate the real you.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

((((((((Cognac)))))))))))))

It's really sad that it has to be that way. Sounds like you're doing well though....

Coffee

• cognac
    cognac
    It's sad that that your parents and sister cannot accept you without conditions, but it's their loss. You'd be a good child or sister to have, under usual circumstances. But when people choose to view you through a warped lens, they will not see or appreciate the real you.

Thanks Gopher. I didn't realize when I was in how much of the religion goes into every tiny aspect of your life... I always thought there was something wrong with me... I'm just so glad to be out of that mind control...

It's really sad that it has to be that way. Sounds like you're doing well though....

Thanks c_b! I've been in my little cave hiding and trying to heal... Poking my head out of it from time to time... Miss you, we have to catch up soon...

• hubert
    hubert

Looks to me like you are on your way to a good recovery.

Keep that attitude.

Hubert

• Honesty
    Honesty

((((((cognac)))))

The same thing happened to me when I quit the JW's.

Quit taking prescription antidepressants.

Quit alcohol.

Quit believing a bunch of scam artists up in NYC.

Quit feeling guilty all the time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I feel for you. I am glad you are feeling healthier. I am concerned that you stopped
    taking your meds. Is that okay with the doctors? Are you going to need to stay on
    the meds to avoid any kind of episodes, or do they say a break is okay?

Even though I missed you, I noticed that you took a healthy "break" from JWD.
    We all need to do that from time to time.

Thanks for updating us.

• slmdf
    slmdf

Hey there! I experienced a similar thing when I left JW's. I lost 65 pounds, was finally able to stick to a workout, started eating healthier, stopped having migraines, and stopped having any seasonal allergies. It used to be in the Spring, I would have to take Allegra and a nasal spray to help control my hayfever allergies. This year (my first Spring out of the bOrg) I have no allergies at all. It's fantastic!

It just goes to show that when you leave, your life doesn't always turn upside down. I'm better, happier and more positive than I've ever been. Sweet relief!!!

Congrats to all who have experienced the same!!!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black
    Thanks c_b! I've been in my little cave hiding and trying to heal... Poking my head out of it from time to time... Miss you, we have to catch up soon...

Absolutely! Miss you too...

Coffee

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

cognac - take a breath of that fresh air girl - it is amazing how when you're blocked in some aspect of life (eg religion) it manifests physically and when you unblock it - things get a whole lot better and manifests it'self too.

all the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit