Ever Since I Stopped Speaking to My Parents and Sister...

by cognac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

The 617 refers to the Boston area -- as 617 was the Boston area code. (I guess they've added 781 as another area code there.)

• cognac
    cognac

Hey! I was born in 781! (North of Boston)

av- You still around here?

• White Dove
    White Dove

What is 781? July of 81?

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Cognac, Dear,

Have missed you. So glad you are doing better. Sad that we sometimes have to

"shun" our family to get better. This is a healthy shunning. It is for your health,

unlike the shunning the WT teaches those in the organization to do. I am praying

that your parents and sister will "get it" and see what they are doing to you.

I love you, Honey,

Just hang in there and leave it all to God. He will work it out for your good and His

glory.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• DJK
    DJK

I was born in the 617 area when 3/4ths of the state was 617. My area is now 978.

• wings
    wings

living an honest life = a peaceful path........good for you.......you get a gold starand a flower.........and a heart

Back to the hijack.....I'm 505 now but have been 970 for 20 years or so before that.

wings

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I just think it's a bit sad that I feel so much happier with them out of my life

That's grief. It's natural to feel that way. The loss of relationship, the loss of hope of what could have been.

You never know, they might come to their senses. I bet you are a lot of fun to have around.

• loosie
    loosie

((Cognac))

It is amazing how stress can affect a person, without even realizing it. Sometimes our family can be toxic to us.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

loosie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm happy for you. As I am always saying, my epiphany happened when I saw a bumper sticker that said "since I gave up hope I feel better." Boom! I woke up and gave up the JW hope - hope of everlasting life (fantasy land), hope of pleasing anyone from jehovah on down to the local brethren. I feel a lot better! As for your mother and sister, their brains are as good as yours. If you could wake up, so can they. They don't want to. Someday they may change, in the meantime, you are out and free!

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Glad you are feeling better about yourself and life in general. " Cult mind control" controls way more than our minds- it controls our entire body and spirit ; as I'm sure you have found out ! It certainly is a breath of fresh air to taste real freedom. My wife and I send you our best. Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit