Medical Marijuana

by wha happened? 76 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Now why didn't my Dr prescribe some of this Marinol while going through Chemo? I shall ask him next follow up visit

I would ask if I were you, it does not cause the "high" feeling so I'm told but I've seen patients gain weight and look much better and feel better because they are able to eat and keep it down.

Let me know what happens and good luck with your treatment!

nj

• bigboi
    bigboi

I haven't tried any medical marijuana, but since I've moved close to the border I get so much weed for cheap I bet I could cure all of y'all.

Roll that shit. Light that shit. Smoke it.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    The side effects of regular use is well documented, paranoia, depression, etc. Years of regular use makes a person very moody, producing a couldn't care less attitude, giving problems within their personal life.

That's a load of stereotypical hogwash.

To say that prolonged use of pot makes people "moody", "producing a couldn't-care-less attitude, giving problems within their personal life" is nothing more than an uneducated speculation.

Low key, first of all my comment is not stereotypical hogwash. The prolonged use of pot does change your personality, many people who smoke say this. If you have smoked for 20 years and have no negative effects then all i can say is that you are very lucky. Everyone i know who smokes, and there are many, would agree that pot changes you as a person. It is not speculation to say that prolonged use gives problems within a smokers personal life. I also speak from personal experience, so please don't call me uneducated on the matter.

You say you have gone extended periods to prove your not addicted, what do you mean by extended? You know it takes 30 days to get out of your system.

I too used to smoke pot over many years, all i can say is that by abstaining for a very long time and then not smoking it on a regular basis does make you feel better. Just because you can hold down a job and a family life doesn't mean that there are not beneficial effects to not smoking it. I now have no issues with smoking from time to time for recreational use. But prolonged, regular use without a doubt has an effect on the brain.

Paul

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    The prolonged use of pot does change your personality, many people who smoke say this.

I'll agree with that, digd. Changes your personality usually for the better, generally making folks more open minded, less violent, and more tolerant. Take alcohol on the other hand.

I've taken 3 month, 6 month, 12 month breaks. Never really noticed any change, either way. Just confirmed to me that it's non-addictive. On the other hand, since the 16 months since I quit tobacco, I've noticed a significant change for the better, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

I sincerely apologize for saying that you are uneducated on the subject, but you tried to paint every user with the same brush. I know many people who smoke pot. MOST of those folks lead constructive, healthy lives. SOME people I know have experienced these lazy/paranoid/apathetic side effects, but I would say, in my experience with these folks, that they are certainly in the minority. Most of the folks that I know that DO experience the negative stuff, esp the paranoia, have ceased to use marijuana. but again, this is pretty rare.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain
    Analysis of Studies Finds Little Effect From Long-Term Use

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20030701/heavy-marijuana-use-doesnt-damage-brain

"I suppose we expected to see some differences in people who were heavy users, but in fact the differences were very minimal."

• White Dove
    White Dove

Why oh WHY did I have to choose a major/profession that will probably test for mj? I love the stuff! It's great!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I tried the legal stuff a year ago. I hadn't smoked pot in at least 20 years. It was in the form of a brownie and boy is it stronger nowadays. Other than acting like a complete 'tard for a few hours it didn't do much for me. I guess my reaction from it is different than most

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd like to correct a misconception:

hope4others: marijuana today is a lot stronger than the 70's because of added chemicals

Marijuana today can be much stronger because growers have been honing their breeding and collection techniques. There may be a much higher concentration (up to 20%) of the active ingredient, THC. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

"The major biologically active chemical compound in cannabis is

?9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), commonly referred to as THC."

My ex-husband was a regular user, and just from observation I told my children I knew why it would never be legalized. Users would never be motivated enough to rally.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The side effects of regular use is well documented, paranoia, depression, etc. Years of regular use makes a person very moody, producing a couldn't care less attitude, giving problems within their personal life.

• paranoia... BS. It helped me get over the WTS. I'm far more level headed now.
    • depression... BS. It helped CURE my depression. I'm the image of happiness now.
    • Years of regular use makes a person very moody... BS. I can handle stressful and harsh situations while keeping my cool.
    • producing a couldn't care less attitude... BS. My carrier has taken off and I'm up for a big promotion and a pay raise.
    • giving problems within their personal life... BS. My personal life has never been better.
  • White Dove
    White Dove

Jgnat,

I'll bet user wannabees would be motivated enough to rally! Problem is though that it could ruin some of our career to do so. Make it in the paper and watch our careers hit bottom. Man, I'd rally for the stuff if I didn't think it would do me secular damage. Once it's legalized, no one would care. The problem would be before it's legal. No one can get away for campaigning for illegal stuff. At least, I'm too chicken to try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit