Medical Marijuana

by wha happened? 76 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    She had a great loss of apetite and what she did eat she couldn't keep down.

Did it help her? I had one patient that refused to take it because she didn't want to get addicted But the Morphine or Demerol we gave her for pain she wasn't concerned with

nj

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Dagney, his cat got real fat?

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

It really helped her a lot. She was able to eat and keep things down after she started taking it. I am not sure if she is still on it right now, though.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The side effects should be compared with the other options. If you have a long term condition, then using weed on a long-term basis, while it still has risks, may be safer than other drugs that can also ruin the liver and create other health issues. Many of them, notably the narcotics, are addictive.

Better yet, try removing the underlying condition. That way, treatment will not be long term.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    I had one patient that refused to take it because she didn't want to get addicted But the Morphine or Demerol we gave her for pain she wasn't concerned with

Me likey some Morphine!!! It is definetely addictive!!!

Now why didn't my Dr prescribe some of this Marinol while going through Chemo? I shall ask him next follow up visit....

Mrs. Jones, have they still not figured out what is wrong w/hubby???

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I've never tried medical MJ before but I used to be an avid user and I will agree it does have some addictive qualities but IMO feel that it is better for you than many alternatives, even for recreational use. The drugs and alcohol can be much worse.

If it were legal it would be first choice besides alcohol.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

My ex boyfriend has MS and he gets medical MJ thru the state. It eases the total body pain. He doesn't smoke a lot of it. Just when the pain is intense. He smoked a LOT more of it in his 20's.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

A few comments the have been expressed to me by friends in the legal area , is that marijuana today is a lot

stronger than the 70's because of added chemicals. Of course I would need a regular smoker to verify this to me. But

many have claimed it to be a miracle cure for them. I guess its a catch 22 being it still illegal in most area's it is a battle for

individuals wishing to use it, keeping some on hand with out being classified as trafficking.

hope4others

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Whilst Marijuana is good for pain, it should not be confused as a medical drug

Whether a substance is a "medical drug" comes from how it is used, not what it is. There is quite a history of substances that jump in and out of medical usage, from cocaine to chocolate; these changing fashions are due to social norms and the way we choose to define a substance rather than anything inherent regarding the substance itself.

If it kills pain and is used to kill pain, it is a medical drug. If morphine is abused, it is still a medical drug. If DXM is taken for visions, it is still a cough suppressant. If aspirin and Pepsi could get you high, aspirin would still be a pain killer.

-Void (of the Non-Partaking of the Ganga class)

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    The side effects of regular use is well documented, paranoia, depression, etc. Years of regular use makes a person very moody, producing a couldn't care less attitude, giving problems within their personal life.

That's a load of stereotypical hogwash.

I've been smoking pot for 20 years. I'm a successful professional, have a great marriage, stay active in my hobbies (fly fishing), get out regularly and excercise with the dog, and am, for the most part very healthy and happy. The ONLY negative side effect that I have noticed is slightly higher grocery bills.

To say that prolonged use of pot makes people "moody", "producing a couldn't-care-less attitude, giving problems within their personal life" is nothing more than an uneducated speculation.

There have been extended periods of time where I have gone without smoking pot, more than anything to prove to myself that I wasn't addicted to it. I never noticed any beneficial changes, physically, emotionally, or mentally that resulted from taking these breaks. I am definitely not moody. I have a pretty focused attitude when it comes to my duties & responsibilities, & my personal life has never been better.

So put that in your pipe & smoke it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit