Singing at the Meetings is so mindless...

by logic&reason 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

Fear not those who kill the body,

but cannot destroy the soul...Hey, by their own standards that is a false religious idea.

We were singing about the soul surviving death!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Give me a professional choir or a gospel quartet and I'm already in heaven

Remember Hee-Haw's gospel quartet? They were amazing! Even my ultra-righteous elder grandparents loved them.

• hubert
    hubert

Fear not those who kill the body,

but cannot destroy the soul...Hey, by their own standards that is a false religious idea.

We were singing about the soul surviving death!

White Dove, which song did this come from? What title?

This may be an important find.

Hubert

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oooh, I remember that stupid song... the horror... the horror...

I remember the song book with the extra set of legs on those singers - too funny.

That choir quartet sounded so awful on you-tube. If you dare click on it, check out the comments. They're pretty funny - people actually liked it.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Check out the thread "Worst Kingdom Melody Lyrics" done earlier this year. Look for the molested bees!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

There were only 3 of us to play the piano back in the day.....

I remember playing and thinking....SHIT! Crap!

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Yeah, like this one:

This wonderful song is even better with your gorgeous harmonies! Do you sing like that at the hall?

If I went to the same congregation as you I could not contain myself! I can't wait to meet you all in Paradise, and we'll all sing together then.

What a riot!

Even when I believed, I hated it when people would make moronic comments like that. "I can't wait to see you in paradise... we'll all sing together... everything will be great... blah blah blah..."

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hahaha.

How about all those crappy pictures floating by, as they sing out of tune to that awful, awful song....

hahahahaha.

I could never bring myself to sing at the Kingdom Hall. If I did I'd probably sound like those twerps.

• shamus100
    shamus100

OH MY GOD, you should see the crap that's on You Tube - have witnesses completely lost they're mind? Can't they get in trouble for doing this stuff?

Check out this link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6rTP5TsBdo&feature=related

My apologies if this has been done to death before - but wow. I thought that the internet was responsible for heavy demonism!

Edited to add this link - 10X worse than all the rest. Borders on Holy Roller music! Extreme vomit alert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIb4vHdGmco&feature=related

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

So mindless i purposely show up late so i can miss the first song. Then go to the bathroom so i can miss the second.At at the Third i just mouth the words or hum so i dont have to sing that mindless drival. Oddly enough up untill last night i was listening to the kingdumb melodies to fall asleep I had used to smoke pot for 5 years and always needed that night cap to be able to got to bed. But when i cleaned up and moved back home i started listening to the songs to fall asleep( i had used to do that untill i was 17. At 24 though i said wait a second let me try listening to some music i really like. So no more kingdumb melodies to fall asleep for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit