Singing at the Meetings is so mindless...

by logic&reason 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ataloa
    ataloa

I've never laughed so much on one thread. Keyser soze and alexia cracked me up!

I never noticed the extra legs.

One thing that might help them is to put them in a little lower key. Most people in those small congregations cannot sing that high. And that EON-long pause at the end of each verse - nobody ever knew exactly when to come back in. It was some pitiful singing.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

There was one Kingdom Song which rhymed the words "command" and "stand" (which don't rhyme in most varieties of British English spoken in the south). It sounded quite odd to me and I was always puzzled about that one until I heard it sung up-north...

But the one that made me laugh the most was the one which went: "In a land so good and spacious, free from things vexatious, look a happy crowd vivacious, in their service which is efficacious". Sometimes the rhyming did push it a bit, and of course as a child I never understood a word of that song. As a teenager I used to laugh at the air of pretentiousness those long words gave the song.

Fear not those who kill the body,

but cannot destroy the soul...Hey, by their own standards that is a false religious idea.

We were singing about the soul surviving death!

White Dove, which song did this come from? What title?

This may be an important find.

Hubert

Song 27 - Fear them Not

• tfjw
    tfjw

What about the ones (they were rare) who thought they were opera singers. This one sister would gesture while she was singing, and she would try to hold notes at the end of the verse. It was awful. She would close her eyes and contort her face while she was singing. Sometimes we would be in tears from laughter. I mean really... how can you take it that serious when you are singing such shitty songs?
    In one of the cong's I attended the District Overseer's wife thought she was an opera singer. Terrible. Like a cat getting its tail stepped on. Absolutely freakish!I agree that the pink book wasn't so bad. A long time ago we didn't have the sound system and usually someone wasn't able to play the piano so we did it without music. Really bad! One of my least favorite ones, "Loyally Submitting to Theocratic Order". Stephen

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Some of the songs were soooo stupid and I really think some of the music was stolen or modified from somebody else.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I went to a few churches after leaving the WT, and wow, what a difference in the singing! People really put their heart and soul into the songs, and felt the words and lyrics and the meaning. Everything thing done at the KH is mindless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit