Singing at the Meetings is so mindless...

by logic&reason 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

With all the backwards syntax in the lyrics, ("Steadfast we all need to be. Far from this world we keep free",etc) I suspect that Yoda secretly had a hand in penning these lyrics.

• Alexia
    Alexia

I don’t miss the “brothers” and “sisters” with the God awful singing voices. I remember this one woman whose voice sounded like she was crying with something caught in her throat. Horrible. Me and my brother tried sooooo hard not to bust out laughing during the song. The worst was when it was happening right before the opening or closing prayer. We were busting out eardrums with tears streaming down our faces and snot coming out of our noses trying not to laugh during the prayer.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

*Yoda voice* Ruin my songs they did. Brainwash leads to apathy, apathy leads to mediocrity, mediocrity leads to me hating them. Bastards they are!!

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

What about the ones (they were rare) who thought they were opera singers. This one sister would gesture while she was singing, and she would try to hold notes at the end of the verse. It was awful. She would close her eyes and contort her face while she was singing. Sometimes we would be in tears from laughter. I mean really... how can you take it that serious when you are singing such shitty songs?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Try singing them with a down-home Country Western accent sometime. It helps, IMO.

om

• hubert
    hubert

All strategy of Satan Will surely come to nought.

To carry out our warfare Our hands by God are taught.

Hey, I thought they "don't believe in war"

Hubert

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Now THAT would be funny... and entertaining.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Now you done it - you's done it good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAQoA8b2I0Y

• hubert
    hubert

I wonder how far they'd get on "American Idol"?

Hubert

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I can't remember many of the lyrics & song titles from some of the cited Kingdum Maladies. I was DFdin '91. Has there been a new song book released with some new jams?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit