Singing at the Meetings is so mindless...

by logic&reason 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

What a load of puke!

I usually find this stuff amusing, but that's too sickening to be funny.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    but cannot destroy the soul...Hey, by their own standards that is a false religious idea.

It's a direct quote from the Bible, spoken by none other than Jesus himself! (Matthew 10:28) A strange place to find an unscriptural idea... but there you go.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

You have the "I should be the next American Idol" singer,the "low talking" singers,the "boom-box" singers, and the "five second delay" singers. I always loved it when the sound department cued up the wrong song and most everyone went on singing the lyrics to the other song until the cd stopped.

Best and loudest singing I ever heard was at an all pioneer meeting.

brzfst

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I got so I would not even sing the Kingdumb Sxxx. Just about any kind of worldly music is better--even the rap that they so strongly counsel people to not listen to. And, when I started listening to Christmas music again, the sounds were so much better than any Kingdumb Malady. As for the singing, I think there were songs that people would always mess up on the same way every time--no one ever learned.

I don't really remember how many Kingdumb Maladies I listened to or heard during the past 10 years, but it is probably between 320 and 550. As long as I don't get physically recaptured and dragged into a Kingdumb Hell and hosted by a family in the cancer, I don't ever expect that number to go higher. If anything, it will decline as listenings go past the 10 year mark.

• StAnn
    StAnn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIb4vHdGmco&feature=related

Shamus, this isn't a JW video, is it? BTW, is the from THE Kenneth Copeland, charismatic preacher ad nauseum?

I can't imagine a JW singing this. It's actually a praise and worship song. No selling instructions included.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This is one time the hearing would envy the deaf! I would go to the toilet during songs only to find some Jackass brother put the toilet speakers on so you couldn't escape!....I would go out and kick my car tyres and check my oil!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Singing at the meetings is so mindless...

And tuneless.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"Raise yourselves erect, you have nothing to fear."

Try singing that with a straight face when you're a horny teenage boy.

• DNCall
    DNCall

This thread is a compendium of many of the criticisms that have been voiced to the GB starting in the 90s. A good number of professional JW musicians have been involved in the songbook and other music projects. No one has been more critical of the Society than these individuals. The utter frustration of any constructive criticsm lies in the GB's presuming to understand how music should be used in worship. The unhappy results described in this thread are the result of micro-management by those who are not musicians and have no concept of the power of music in reaching the human heart.

DNCall

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I remember the song book with the extra set of legs on those singers - too funny.

Yeah, a friend of mine got a thrill out of pointing this out to everyone. It was only in the small one, though. The large one had the correct number of bodies drawn per pairs of feet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit