WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

by V 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what "proof" they have. That is typical witless defense of their faith--of course, it is "proven" by taking scriptures out of context (that have probably been altered to make them fit the doctrine) and then using specious arguments to "prove" a point. This is the main way they cause people to continue believing their lies, and getting them to believe in them in the first place.

I have also had "proven", right from the Bible, that Jehovah is nothing more than a tyrant. He initiated force by causing Adam to grow old and die after eating a piece of fruit that otherwise would have rotted. He got Cain angry because He did not accept his sacrifice, of which He had no business asking for in the first place. He killed many people for just living in a land where His people were to inhabit, unless they were to follow all His rules. He did not tolerate freedom or business.

I also "proved" that Satan and Jesus taught exactly the same thing. Jesus liberated people from an oppressive religion. Satan liberated people from a potentially oppressive religion. I bet they won't tell you that.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Its terrifying to find out that something you were taught or believed in your whole life could be a bunch of lies and here you are baptized and everybody you KNOW is baptized and you know the consequences of LEAVING...and you are STUCK. So you lash out at the source that is instilling this fear in you. It's like covering the sun with your finger...if you cant see it maybe it isnt there, despite the glaring LIGHT still coming from it.

I feel bad for him because he is all of us at one time feeling the panic and the crisis welling up inside of us.

I appreciate that you are treating him with kindness and I know you will continue to do so. You have his attention and thats a precious commodity.

LD

• V
    V

More correspondence...

I saw your video...... (click HERE to see the Watchtower Comments video)

Well, the whole changing things over and over might have been wrong, but like it says in the video about what the watchtower published back again in the 2000's that was supposed to be new but not new, and had actually already been published in 1927 about that "This generation will by no means pass until all these things be fulfilled." So, by saying that, even though, that has been kind of ignored and other things were said about the end in the 20th century, and now it is again repeated 80 years later, we know; we know, well at least I know, that was sort of a mistake by the Watchtower to have ignored that, but it is right that it HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND and HAD ALREADY BEEN PUBLISHED 80 years before. So, why they commited that mistake of Ignoring that "This generation will by no means pass until all these things be fulfilled", I don't know, but they did originally publish it 80 years ago,like mentioned in your video, and have at least had it in them to notice their mistake and publish it back again although it is 80 years later. So the thing about the "This generation......." , even though sort of ignored, has always been around for 80 years, which I've been aware of for years even before now; and now in the past years it has been republished. They made a mistake but have fixed it. So we have always originally had the belief of "This generation will by no means pass until all these things be fulfilled." and even though other things were published through out the years, I was born in 1991, so i didn't read those watchtowers, all the watchtowers and teachings I've gone through have always talked about the "This generation........." thing. So, my point was that, "This generation will by no means..........." has always been around, although ignored somewhat and other sort of different things said. BUT that mistake has been noticed and now fixed with republishing that statement more. So they didn't just suddenly come up with it, it has been around for 80 years.

And my response:

I understand your point. Now imagine you were back in 1980. You had read all the old Watchtowers and you BELIEVED the generation was the anointed. (And eventually you would have been proved right!)

The problem was that the current "understanding" was very different. If you had insisited on believing that way, you could have been disfellowshipped for going against the Society.

This is my main point. To a Witness, what is right or wrong about the the Bible is NOT IMPORTANT. What is important is that you "believe" exactly what the Governing Body says...at this time.

Do you realize what that means? Witnesses are ignoring the Bible if it contradicts with the Watchtower. Shouldn't be the other way around?

Check out the latest Watchtower Comments video that addresses just that point: Valueless Propaganda and the Truth
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, it's encouraging that the kid had the grace to apologize and continue the discussion in a more respectful way.

• still_in74
    still_in74

You see, for the most part Witnesses don't believe in anything. They just read the latest Watchtower and suddenly "believe" something different.

so simple yet so profound.

I really have no idea how to elaborate on this statement. You just GET IT or you dont.

If you dont get it, then you are mind controlled. Plain and simple truth.

I will add this to my list. Thanks V

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    The problem was that the current "understanding" was very different. If you had insisited on believing that way, you could have been disfellowshipped for going against the Society.

This is my main point. To a Witness, what is right or wrong about the the Bible is NOT IMPORTANT. What is important is that you "believe" exactly what the Governing Body says...at this time.

And that is why my kids and I are not Witnesses anymore.

You have handled this young person in a very kind, tactful way. You are doing a great work with your videos.

momz

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

This topic couldn't have come at a better time.

I played your about 5 of your videos to another doubting dub a few hours ago. The impact of them was very powerful, they definitely hit the mark.

You're a damn hero V. x

• StAnn
    StAnn

Do you realize what that means? Witnesses are ignoring the Bible if it contradicts with the Watchtower. Shouldn't be the other way around?

This is an incredibly clear and insightful point that even a JW can't miss. This is probably the first time this young man has ever considered the fact that his allegiance is to the WTS, not to Jehovah or the bible. This could be a life-changing, eye-opening fact for him. Can't wait to see what he says back to you.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

(he'll be an ex-JW within 5 years).

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

V you're going to ruin the reputation of apostates by being so cordial and reasonable to the naysayers. You're supposed to be a wicked, evil, unreasonable manslayer. It's so much harder to condemn you when you appear to be a human being with an actual heart and brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit